Rules & Disclaimer
Please read the following rules and guidelines carefully before using K9 Community.
By using K9 Community you agree to abide by these rules - these rules apply to all areas of K9 Community including the Forums, Gallery, Personal Messenger and the Chat Rooms. Anyone ignoring the forum rules will be liable to appropriate responsive actions. We apologise for the rules being rather long but they are for the protection of everyone and designed to create a friendly and informative community. If you do not agree with these rules please do not use K9 Community. Remember that your use of the K9 Community forums is a privilege at our discretion - it is not your right.
- We require all posts to be appropriate, constructive, and on topic. We may delete or move individual posts that could ruin a good topic thread. We reserve the right to remove any topics or posts we deem inappropriate or disruptive to our community. Please note that, from time to time, posts may be removed for being inappropriate even though the individual post in that topic may have been perfectly fine. Please do not feel this reflects badly on the poster.
- Do not use K9 Community to air your grievances. As examples: If you have a problem with a breeder, handler, partner, co-owner, or kennel keep it private; do not complain about them publicly on K9. If someone on K9 asks about a particular breeder or kennel and you have negative information about them DO NOT put that information on the board get in touch privately.
- We want the community to be safe, fun, informative and interactive. There are general forums for non dog related topics. Please keep it positive and polite. We do not censor opinions or ideas on our forums but we do take action against posts and/or topics that could cause unrest in the community beyond a civil and polite disagreement.
- Pornography, warez, or any other illegal transactions may not be posted or linked in any shape or form.
- Pictures may be posted as long as they are not explicit or offensive. You should own the copyright on any posted image or obtain the permission of the copyright owner.
- Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other topics and see where your topic should go. If your topic is placed in the wrong forum, it will be moved by a Moderator. If a topic is recognised as being posted in the wrong forum, or if the post is a violation of these rules then please contact a Moderator either via PM or the 'report post to Moderator' feature; please do not respond publicly to the Member.
- All material posted must be the posters own work, in the public domain, the poster must own the copyright or they must have obtained the written permission of the copyright owner.
- Posts advertising dogs or any livestock for sale are not acceptable and will be deleted. Neither is it acceptable to post links to such adverts. It is fine to post litter announcements and photos of litters, but availability and sales related information must be conveyed via private email or PM. As an example it is not acceptable to say 'I have a litter coming up' in response to someone asking about puppy availability, or 'I have 2 dogs still available' when talking about your litter. It is also not acceptable for someone to ask if there are any puppies available from a litter on an announcement thread. Please contact the poster privately. It is acceptable to post a general request looking for puppies/whippets, but please remember to ask that replies be sent via pm. And for those replying to this type of post please contact the poster privately (PM or email) if you think you might be able to help. This way if it's YOUR litter or dog you can't be thought of as advertising and if it's someone else's litter, dog or a breeder you recommend you are not putting their info out into a public domain either.
- You may make a post offering a home but please ask people to contact you privately in your post.
- Posting of Rescues IS allowed. Rescues may be from an all breed rescue or a whippet specific rescue.
- K9 Administrators or Moderators may delete posts for any reasons they deem reasonable. The posters will not necessarily be contacted about the deletion.
- Threatening, flaming, rude or abusive treatment of other members, groups, persons or organisations on the Message Board or Gallery, in the Chat Room or through email or PM will NOT be tolerated. If you feel you must criticise then criticise the idea not the individual or group. Any posts criticising individuals or groups will probably get removed and those doing the criticising will probably be warned via the warning system.
- You may not use profanity. It is unprofessional and offensive and will not be tolerated. You must not circumvent any word filters in place.
- Users may not argue a Moderators or Administrators decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a Moderator must first address the Moderator in question via PM. Posts that ask where has such and such a post gone? are not acceptable. If the problem cannot be resolved, then the Moderator and user must send their positions to an Administrator. The Administrators decision will be final.
- There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations.
- No Member is allowed to impersonate any other person in any mode of communication on K9 Community. Anyone found impersonating another person will have their posting privileges withdrawn via the warning system.
- Each user may only create one account. Anyone found creating additional accounts to bypass the warning system will immediately have all their accounts suspended.
- Each user must maintain a current and functioning email address for their account and must not block PM messages or email messages from any Administrator or Moderator. Users without functioning email addresses or found blocking Administrator or Moderator messages are liable to have their accounts suspended until such time as the problem is corrected.
- Signatures may contain images, but must not be excessively large. Please also try and keep text signatures under 5 lines. If your signature is too large or deemed unacceptable by the Administrators it may be removed. Advertising of goods or services in signatures is not allowed.
- At the discretion of the Administrators or Moderators you may be asked to provide proof of your true identity, for genuine posters this should not be a problem. If a Member fails to provide adequate proof of their identity when asked by a Moderator or Administrator then that Members warning level will be increased - this may result in posting privileges being withdrawn.
- Once you have created a user account it cannot be removed. Users no longer wishing to be a community member can request (via PM to the administrators) that their accounts are made inactive. Once an account is made inactive users will not be able to post or use the PM or email system, they will also not be contactable by other members. Inactive users will not be shown in the members list however any posts a user has made will still be available. Users requesting their account to be made inactive are not permitted to re-join under a different name.
Advertising & Selling on K9
- Advertising of goods or services on K9 Community is permissible only in 'The Market Place' forum. You must not promote goods or services anywhere else on K9 Community in a deliberate attempt (or apparently deliberate attempt) to avoid a proper advertisement being placed in 'The Market Place'. Such posts will be removed or edited and the poster contacted advising them of the problem.
- Advertising of goods or services in signatures is not allowed. This includes banners and text advertisements.
- Advertising of livestock is not allowed.
- If you have concerns over a post, initially contact the forum Moderator(s) via the 'Report' button on the post in question. Please state very clearly what the problem is. If you think the post breaks the board rules given here then please say which rule is being broken and why and give the exact words that break the rule (rather than just indicating the whole post). If you fail to get a timely response (perhaps the Moderator is on holiday) or you feel very urgent action is required you may alert an Administrator, Moderator + member or Moderator to the problem.
- If you have an issue concerning our policies or Moderators, please use a personal contact method such as a Private Message or e-mail to the main Administrator. We take serious complaints to heart and will do our best to address them. Please be aware that we do NOT read every post made on K9 Community - if there is something that causes you concern please bring it to our attention.
The Warning System
- We operate a warning system for all members. Initially all members have a warning level of 0%.
- Any member found to be breaking any K9 Community rules or disrupting K9 Community in any way is liable to have their warning level increased. The level of increase will be at the discretion of a Moderator or Administrator and will be tied to the seriousness of the problem. Any member reaching 100% will be banned from the Community but they may be banned before this.
- If a member is causing a problem, as well as an increase in their warning level other measures may be taken, such as preventing future posts for a period of time or the requirement that future posts be checked by a Moderator before being displayed on K9. If a members warning level reaches 50% these additional measures will definitely be taken but they may be taken before that.
- There is no automatic method for a members warning level to be reduced.
- Generally information on K9 Community is provided by posters in good faith from personal experience. All posts on K9 are the responsibility of the poster and the views expressed in posts are not necessarily those of the community owners.
- We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of any material or information contained on this website and consequently the information should not be relied upon to be accurate or free from errors. You should be particularly careful about health information given and we cannot accept responsibility for your pets' health in regard to any advice given. We recommend contacting a licensed Veterinarian for all animal related medical issues. The use of all information contained in this website is your sole responsibility.
- K9 Community, it's Administrators, Moderators or Members disclaim any liability for any damages whatsoever including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental and/or consequential damages resulting from access to the website and use of the materials here. We will not be held responsible for the accuracy of the contents of any article, posting or communication through K9 Community or of any link to Web pages referenced from this site. If you are aware of any articles or postings that are inaccurate, infringe copyright, or are not in keeping with these rules, please contact us immediately. Links to third party sites are generally posted by others and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement by us. Access to any third party linked sites is at your own risk.
- The content is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the basis for making any transactions of any kind whatsoever. If you make any arrangements to buy anything from K9 members whether via a direct post or contact via a PM or email, please ensure all the usual checks are done. We cannot accept responsibility for any connections made via K9 Community and cannot vouch for any seller.
- We make no representations or warranties that access to this website will be uninterrupted or that this website will be secure and free of virus or other harmful components.
- No content from K9 Community can be copied, printed or distributed by any mechanism at any time without the express written permission of the community administrators. A lot of content will be copyrighted by the original poster and must not be used in any way without also seeking their express permission.
Thank you for choosing K9 Community and we hope you enjoy your stay.
These rules are dated February 8, 2008 and may be updated at any time. Changes will not necessarily be communicated to you so to ensure you are always up to date please review them frequently.