The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dogs and the law

Feverfew

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As there have been a few posts about the control of dogs around livestock and other dogs and domestic pets, I thought this reminder about how the law relates to dogs might be useful:
Controlling your dog in public

It's particularly important to know that someone does not have to be injured by your dog for the dog to be classed as 'dangerously out of control'.

If a person believes that they could be injured, or is worried they may be injured, then your dog could be considered as being 'dangerously out of control' and reported to the police.

Be careful out there!

I think at this time of year too, a lot of people don't realise that (a) sheep are often pregnant and (b) the stress of a dog chase can cause the ewe to abort.

So the damage might not be immediately obvious, but to the farmer it could have a serious impact.

I think at this time of year too, a lot of people don't realise that (a) sheep are often pregnant and (b) the stress of a dog chase can cause the ewe to abort.

So the damage might not be immediately obvious, but to the farmer it could have a serious impact.
Yes, really good point Joanna. Cows are pregnant at this time of year too, and they can get really upset if they encounter dogs.

Happy for it to be moved if you think that's best - I put it here as I thought more people would see it, because it is directed at people who are not necessarily looking for threads about the legal implications of owning a dog.

Happy for it to be moved if you think that's best - I put it here as I thought more people would see it, because it is directed at people who are not necessarily looking for threads about the legal implications of owning a dog.

It's a valid point, though it also depends on how people navigate the forums - I use 'New Posts' and 'view all recent posts' so see posts from across the whole forum. And if it's in the right section, it'll be more easily found in future.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back