The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I'm Tracey and my jug is called ruby

Tracey Carnell

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a 10 week old jug,pug x jack russell
She's very cute but two things bother me
She bites,and it blooming hurts and she's forever scratching.the breeder fleas her last Monday when we picked ruby up.are they Prime to sensitive skin.x

Hi Tracey, Thank you for your introduction! I can see by the photo how cute she is! :) Whats her name?
Hopefully some puppy classes and training will sort the biting issue out!

I'm sure you'll receive some great advice about the scratching from our community!

p.s would love to see more cute pictures!!

I'd take her to the vet to get her checked over in general but specifically for the scratching.

Biting is absolutely normal in pups and does take a while for them to grow out of. Don't tell her off for it. Some people find that yelping sharply when they do it helps, but others find it just excites the dog more. Try to avoid it by always having a toy on hand to shove into her mouth and, when she does do it, stop the game and become really boring. You can also try timeouts, either by leaving the room (preferably not shutting the door but using a stairgate or other barrier) or by removing her from the room. You literally only need to leave her for 5-10 seconds before letting her back in again - any longer and she'll have forgotten what she did and either find something interesting to do or start crying. Then when you do let her out, she'll probably do it again, and again, and again, till you're thinking 'Oh just eat my hand off then as long as I can sit down for 5 mins' - but eventually she'll think twice about going back to biting...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back