Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dogshome

Mel And Kim

57 posts in this topic

This is a lovely thread and seems to sum up the joys and sadness of owning dogs in about equal measure. Long may you and your proper. :flowers:

She's been in the trent once this week and twice in the Devon. First time by accident and she launched herself off the fisherman's stand. I'll have to keep her on the lead at all times near the canal or the trent in town. No fear and loves swimming.

20160522_155736_zpszdnbyh6b.jpg

20160522_155753_zpsuhyztwy4.jpg

Forgot to add: Spladoosh!

Ive never had a greyhound that likes water like this? Quite happy swimming around or diving in and out after the ball or simply teasing the other greyhounds who paddle but don't really want to swim.

Mad dog....

Ellies brother has not found a home in 12 months. So we are giving him some time. The greyhound stare in this photo is not typical. It was a blackbird...

He's a scared doggie. With the other 2 he is fine. Day 1. See how we go!

post-46317-0-10845500-1479059720_thumb.jpg

We still have the big furry lump. We lost our 18 year old collie cross and the missus wants to keep him. He's very loving and obedient, but needs close control out and about. Mainly scared and will snap if he thinks he's in danger.

This is now nearly gone after 5 months. Both cats now understand he can't be teased and he's simply asserted himself rather than seeing them as prey. Stupid daft lab came bounding up at speed head-on tonight and he opened his mouth, but shut it when I corrected him. No lip curling or snarling, the auto reaction was to snap teeth if scared.

I think another few months and he will get-it in all situations. He's come a very long way and is almost a normal doggie now. Does not know how to run. He's always been trapped in and is like a new-born giraffe off the lead. Once he's got his scaredness tamed, he'll get more free time and will learn to run like Ellie has. Ears, eyes, breathing, head-height and legs all synchronised. Rocket - dog!

Did I mention he eats like a lion. Yoikes Scoob!. Food......Nom Nom nom!

Been to the pub, couple pints and some scratchings....

IMG-20170423-WA0000_zpskyciqtvz.jpg