Dogs love Dog Forum Join Now

Welcome to our Dog Forum!

We're an online community for dog owners to share and learn advice on all elements of owning a dog.

Join our forum today, it's free and benefits include:
  • Get free, independent advice from experienced fellow dog owners
  • Post as many questions (or answers!) as you like
  • Upload photos of your dog to our dog photo section
  • Search the huge archive of Q&As - we've been online since '99
Photo

Soft (ish) poo

3 replies to this topic

#1 arealhuman

arealhuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

Hi,

My dog's poo is a bit soft.  Strange as it sounds, it looks "normal" but sometimes can be soft and squishy to pick up.  His main food is now Gentle Dog Food as recommended on here (thanks!), with a few daily treats and a Dentastick thrown in.  We supplement this with some chicken/veg if we have a roast meal, but take away some of his Gentle allowance.  He shows no signs of being upset.  Do I have anything to worry about?

Sorry if you're eating whilst reading this...

Thanks,

ARH.

#2 excuseme

excuseme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:41 PM

The soft poo's could be caused by your treats, do you ever take a look at the ingredients before you buy treats or chews.

The pedigree Dentasticks are loaded with cereals / grain (just a load of rubbish). Don't spoil the new kibble product that you are using by adding a load of poor quality cereal loaded treats!

You would do far better if you used some raw chicken wings or carcasses. This would be better for your chaps teeth and gums and the extra bone would help firm up his poo's too.

My dinner is in the oven!! 

#3 arealhuman

arealhuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:24 AM

Thanks for the reply.  Yep, I do look at the ingredients but not being a canine nutritionist, it may as well be written in Greek!  It could also be down to, I suppose, the transition to Gentle.  He does love a Dentastick though - he has it in three pieces and he runs off with them one at a time and then throws them around and pounces on them, then eats them.  Great to watch (when I'm not at work  :().

#4 gypsysmum2

gypsysmum2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:05 PM

Dentastix gave my dog the runs :(

To reply to this topic you just need to register for a user name (it's free!)
Already a member? Login to activate reply box