The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Names that Make You Smile

arealhuman

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It's Joise's fault, reading elsewhere that her dog is called Dennis, which made me smile  :)   It got me thinking - what dog names have you heard that have made you smile?  Here's one to get you started, Colin, a sausage dog we chanced upon in the park.

I love dogs with human names, especially male ones.  Dennis and Colin both great.  If we'd had a male dog I wanted to call him Dave, husband not impressed though.  As it happened we bought a female and named her Evie, partly to remind me of my mum who was called Evelyn and died when Evie was six months.  

That's a nice way to name your dog @Peegee.  Anyone else?  Not a dog, but I know someone who had a cat called Frank!

Ah thank you @arealhuman we often get a few chuckles when people ask us his name! 

That's really sweet @Peegee to call your girl that  :)

I admit, I love human names for dogs to! We know two labradors called Dave and Lucy! Oh and a lovely Chihuahua called Audrey!! 

I love dogs with human names, especially male ones.  Dennis and Colin both great.  If we'd had a male dog I wanted to call him Dave, husband not impressed though.  As it happened we bought a female and named her Evie, partly to remind me of my mum who was called Evelyn and died when Evie was six months.  
It must be Dave!  :lol:

Most of our dogs have been called normal dog names, but we did rescue a Whippet that came with the name Clive, so we kept it. But our cats, we had a large ginger tom called Claudius, a black and white called Surplus and a Tortty called Revs. When Surplus turned up needing a home we had 5 dogs and a cat so she was surplus to requirements. (She was a lovely friendly cat). One day I was driving a dog to the vets, (my car had been parked outside all night in cold rain), when I got there and switched off I heard an awful noise, opening the bonnet their was a tiny kitten curled up on the air filter. We put notices up around the village but no one claimed her so she joined our family, and of course she was called Revs.

Love the stories behind all of those names @Biker John and how lucky Revs was to survive that! 

Just catching up on The Dog Rescuers, loving the police dog in training called...... Ted! ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back