The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Just saying hello

MarieLL

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello everyone,
I think I joined a while back but for some reason lost the site 🙄. Anyway back again. I lost my beautiful 12 yr old lab (Daisy) suddenly last year. I now have 8 month old Alfie - a red fox Labrador. I joined again because I’m back to square one with all the puppy training. How easily you forget the madness of a puppy 😀! So at the moment I’m interested in people’s experiences of large, friendly puppies who think it’s hilarious to pull on the lead, and then suddenly lunge at a passing dog! We’re doing all the training but I forgot I’m 12 years older than the last time I did this. I’m regularly to be found hanging on to trees, lamposts, fences, grappling with leads and treats whilst having harassed conversations explaining that he’s ‘quite friendly really’, and wishing they would just move on before I end up flat on my face! 😀

Welcome back! Some photos would be nice, we always enjoy puppy pictures. And if there's anything in particular you need advice with, please do ask.

Welcome! I spent a lot of time hanging on to trees, fences and lampposts when my big lad was a pup! They do calm down, thank goodness.

Doesn't matter how many pups we have brought up, the first few months/couple of years are hectic! It does get better, I promise. Meanwhile, you have us to laugh with, console you on the trickier days, and to ask about any particular issues you might want friendly support with. Those puppy days pass all too soon and you will hardly remember the trees-fences-lamposts bit until you get the next puppy.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back