The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sleeping Bags For Whippets ?

Ellen

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has some experience with sleeping bags for dogs ?

I saw this one on the internet and I'm very interesed to buy one for my whippetgirls:

http://www.whippetwear.com/cocoon.htm

Here are some other pictures of other sleeping bags,

but I was wondering if some of you also bought a sleeping bag for your whippet(s)

and what you think about it ?

sleepingbag.jpg

Justin%20sleeping%20Bag.jpg

Snuggle Sacks are great if your whippet can work them out :thumbsup:

Bluebell will rarely get into hers but will make a nest of it, this pic is of the first time she used it and I helped her in :wacko:

I must say though that most whippets appear to adore them and can work them quite well...I think Bluebell prefers my bed :thumbsup:

com_STA70951.JPG

com_Bluebell_24_11_07_008.jpg

we got ours from debs (alfyn on here)

its fab, the girls love it :wub:

DSC01053.jpg

well when they acctually get a shot in it :- "

Img_6050.jpg

I bought one from Alfyn on K9, and Fred loves it.

P8130101.jpg

I have a gorgeous snuggle sack which my girls love, but unfortunately Remmy couldn't get into it without assistance. She would stand beside the snugglie whining until I helped her - this went on many times a day. :- " Eventually I decided to buy an Anderson Bed (like an igloo) and this has been very successful as they don't need assistance to get in, and it keeps them lovely and warm. :huggles:

003-Apr06.jpg

008-Nov08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had two from Debs (Alfyn) on here and they have been great. Nicky also does snuggles sacks.

I also have two from the people on the link below: I bought my first one from them eight years ago and it's still going strong. They wash well and dry quickly.

http://www.waggers.co.uk/

I have one from Debs, it is the best money I have spent on a bed for Izzy, she loves it!

Both my 2 whippets have sleeping bags like the blue one, & they hate them & just lie on top. It is really difficult for the to get in to because they are light weight. Wish I had bought a snuggle sack instead.

jaybe said:
Both my 2 whippets have sleeping bags like the blue one, & they hate them & just lie on top. It is really difficult for the to get in to because they are light weight. Wish I had bought a snuggle sack instead.
Thanks for that, was looking at that one, but you just don't know until you buy do you?

my girls love their snuggle sacks but cant get into them without assistance. the three yorkies however have no problem to get into them and love them too.

we had a problem with them yapping while we were out unitl we moved them upstairs with their snuggle sacks.... now the neighbours dont hear a think as they are too busy sleeping.

:D

k4tie-d said:
we got ours from debs (alfyn on here)its fab, the girls love it :wub:

DSC01053.jpg

well when they acctually get a shot in it :- "

Img_6050.jpg

Oh my goodness, your little one reminds me of my 3 & half yr old lying next to my 9 mth whip Louie! Our little ones are just so accepting of our mild mannered whips, it is so lovely to see them content together isnt it! What better breed for a child to grow up with, & share their sleeping area. Gorgeous photo!

Hi there,

I got one for my two boys from Alfyn and they absolutely love it :huggles: Its really warm and cosy. Even funnier when Rocky is in it and Bailey then lays on top as poor Rocky has no chance of getting out :lol: :lol: They are truly wonderful beds and made superbly :thumbsup:

Thank you for the information. I only wonder if they can get in the sleeping bag theirselves ?

Now our dogs sleep in our bed and we always have to help them to get under the covers. So if I buy them a sleeping bag, I'm a bit afraid that they won't get in there, because they can't get in it on their own... :unsure: What's your experience ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the information. I only wonder if they can get in the sleeping bag theirselves ?Now our dogs sleep in our bed and we always have to help them to get under the covers. So if I buy them a sleeping bag, I'm a bit afraid that they won't get in there, because they can't get in it on their own... :unsure: What's your experience ?
Izzy uses the snuggle sack downstairs in the living room, we did try it upstairs and thought about getting a second for up there, but she still came in our bed :oops: :lol:

She can get in unaided, but sometimes plays the princess and wants you to help her! I am not fooled :lol:

Thank you for the information. I only wonder if they can get in the sleeping bag theirselves ?Now our dogs sleep in our bed and we always have to help them to get under the covers. So if I buy them a sleeping bag, I'm a bit afraid that they won't get in there, because they can't get in it on their own... :unsure: What's your experience ?
I used to use snuggle beds, but Remmy cannot get in them by herself, and she would then stand by it whining until you helped her in!! This happened many times during the day, so in the end I bought them a large Anderson bed (like an igloo) which Dolly and Remmy can both fit in, and they love it and are really warm inside. :thumbsup:

My iggy has no problem getting into his snuggle sack ...... his favourite place to be :thumbsup:

My iggy has no problem getting into his snuggle sack ...... his favourite place to be :thumbsup:
What kind of snuggle sack do you have ?
Hi

I got Billy's snuggle sack from Togs for Dogs ...... they aren't cheap but very well made ...... they are fur lined with a cushioned pad underneath them.

I'll try to add the link here (Apologies if this doesn't work). One of my friends have one for their iggy as well and she loves hers too. :thumbsup:

What kind of snuggle sack do you have ?
Hi

I got Billy's snuggle sack from Togs for Dogs ...... they aren't cheap but very well made ...... they are fur lined with a cushioned pad underneath them.

I'll try to add the link here (Apologies if this doesn't work). One of my friends have one for their iggy as well and she loves hers too. :thumbsup:
I got my first one from Togs for Dogs - really lovely quality and washes up very well. It doesn't get used much now, but I would recommend them. :thumbsup:

Is Alfyn still on here? I am desperately trying to find contact details as had a bed made years ago and want another one but have lost all details for Alfyn ? :- (

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back