The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Advice please - Beagle eye issue

PaulAD

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all, new here and hoping for a bit of advice for my Beagle Denver!

So, the weekend before last he had a very funny turn which required an emergency vet visit - he was extremely lethargic, wouldn’t get up, yelped if we went near him, but couldn’t find anything obviously wrong. No vomiting or diarrhoea. Seemed on deaths door. Anyways, took him the vets - had to carry him as he wouldn’t walk. The vet examined him top to toe, checked temp etc, and the diagnosis was a stiff neck!! Said he was tense, and his floppiness, stumbling when walking etc was all down to him nursing his neck…. The big drama queen!

Anyway, prescribed some pain killers and anti-inflammatory medicine and a few days later good as new... Except his right eye has gone weird - the lower lid seems droopy, and the inner 3rd eyelid is showing. If I stroke him near his eye he’ll lean into me as though me rubbing his eye is soothing.

Anyone any ideas? Is it a vet job or is he likely to be being a drama queen again and be fine in a few days?! Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_3221.jpeg
    IMG_3221.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3220.jpeg
    IMG_3220.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3222.jpeg
    IMG_3222.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I'd worry that the two are connected and the original diagnosis of just a stiff neck wasn't entirely accurate. If he was mine, I'd be going back to the vet but I'd try to see a different one.

I'm not a vet. But the two things could be related.

I'd worry that the two are connected and the original diagnosis of just a stiff neck wasn't entirely accurate. If he was mine, I'd be going back to the vet but I'd try to see a different one.

I'm not a vet. But the two things could be related.

Yeh, I did think it was likely to be related - thought it too much of a coincidence for a relatively healthy dog to have one issue closely followed by another. I just wasn’t sure if it was some kind of reaction to the medication or something that someone had seen before and knew would clear up.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back