The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cant sleep, feeling guilty

Emily Applegate

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello,
I'm led in bed as I write this because I feel sick with anxiety and cant sleep. I feel over come with guilt and sheer dread.
I've recently been through a difficult relationship break up which has left me looking after my 4 year old and two dogs on my own whilst working full time. Things were getting so difficult and stressful and on top of me I knew something had to give and I thought about finding better homes for the dogs so they could have a better quality of life with families that could give them the time they deserve. Earlier in the week I made an advert and a lovely family contacted me interested in my lovely cavapoo girl I've had since she was a pup. They came to meet her, fell in love, bought her new things and they had a little girl who was just so excited. At heart wrenching as it was for me, I found comfort in the fact they were such a lovely family and would be spoiling her.

So this morning was the day I was to be dropping her off with her new family. We agreed a time and I started getting all of her things ready to take with her. All of a sudden my emotions got on top of me, I completely broke down, had a panic attack and the thought of never seeing her again was killing me!!! And now I have let this poor family down last minute, no doubt broken this little girls heart and I've caused them so much upset and grief I can't help but feel sick with pure guilt and hate towards myself. What do I do
I have a family friend that has seen the struggle I've been through today and theyve agreed to look after my dogs until I'm in a more stable situation. This wasnt an option that was on the table before today otherwise I would have chosen to do that before!!
Please can anyone offer some words of comfort as I just feel like the worst person in the world right now

Well... Not getting a dog they've set their sights on is of course disappointing, especially for the little girl. But there are, unfortunately, much worse things that happen to good people. This is not the end of the world. I am sure they will move on. Plenty of dogs out there in need of a good home, they will find another one soon enough.

Hey... you're in a difficult place and struggling all round - making a decision and then changing your mind is 100% understandable. Please don't let guilt add to your burden, because you're just trying to do the best for your family. Just focus on getting yourself in a happier more stable place as soon as possible.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back