The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Insurance Help

DogOwner123456

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello all,

I am currently in the process of trying to get a new company off the ground to replace pet insurance with peer-to-peer funding for vet bills. Would really appreciate it if you could complete this short 10 question questionairre to help me out with this!

The link is - surveymonkey.com/r/TV72C8J

Thanks

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I'm not able to complete the survey as I don't currently have a dog, but it's a very interesting concept. Are there any other schemes that work in similar ways?

Also, in Q10, do you need to include that the set fee is £50 (if I've got my maths right)?

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I'm not able to complete the survey as I don't currently have a dog, but it's a very interesting concept. Are there any other schemes that work in similar ways?

Also, in Q10, do you need to include that the set fee is £50 (if I've got my maths right)?
Hi, thank you! Ah yeah I haven't designed the survey in the best way in that regard! Would you be able to just let me know your answers to questions 7, 8, 9, and 10 here? Just as they are the most important for me to know.

There was a company in the US called Eusoh that was pretty much the same as what we are looking to offer however they have since pivoted into human healthcare insurance after proving the business model in pets.

Good spot on question 10, I have updated the survey to add that in, much appreciated!

Hi, thank you! Ah yeah I haven't designed the survey in the best way in that regard! Would you be able to just let me know your answers to questions 7, 8, 9, and 10 here? Just as they are the most important for me to know.

Sure - I'll PM my answers to you so I don't influence anyone else's responses.

Sorry, must be me being my usual non tech self but googling the link all I got was the surveymonkey main sites not the actual survey.

Sorry, must be me being my usual non tech self but googling the link all I got was the surveymonkey main sites not the actual survey.
Hi, yeah that's probably my fault as I couldn't post the full link due to site rules! I've added a screenshot of what the link should be. Sorry about the faff!

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 19.07.51.png

Interesting concept, however the idea of an unknown bill each month, especially during a cost of living crises, doesn't still well with me. Appreciate others might have different views, obviously. Also, what happens if a member has a particularly high bill, in the thousands? Can people refuse to pay into the scheme? Retrospective questions, not really looking for answers ;-)

Done the survey but the main thing that would concern me about this scheme is that their are some breeds that are likely to incur frequent vet bills. At present their insurance reflects this, but if they joined this scheme then their high costs would be shared to owners with healthier breeds.

Interesting concept, however the idea of an unknown bill each month, especially during a cost of living crises, doesn't still well with me. Appreciate others might have different views, obviously. Also, what happens if a member has a particularly high bill, in the thousands? Can people refuse to pay into the scheme? Retrospective questions, not really looking for answers ;-)
Definitely some good things for us to think about here, appreciate it!

Done the survey but the main thing that would concern me about this scheme is that their are some breeds that are likely to incur frequent vet bills. At present their insurance reflects this, but if they joined this scheme then their high costs would be shared to owners with healthier breeds.
Okay will keep this in mind and think of potential solutions around it. Thanks for getting back to us

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back