The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My Heroine!

meddling

'Dibs'
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Alfie had a bit of a funny turn today - one of many unfortunatly, but this time he got very confused and ran off :eek: , one minute he was by my side the next he was running back the way we'd come and not stopping, the only thing I thought of to do was let Bluebell off to hopefully run after him to make him realise where I was.

So I did and she was brilliant she galloped after him, side swipped him (like she does) and it was enough to stop him and he then followed her back to me :wub: :wub:

She is so brilliant, her recall is brilliant so I knew I was safe to let her off - I don't know what would have happened to him if it hadn't be for her :wub: :wub:

She didn't even think of chasing after the westie who was near by of the other people about.

I'm so proud of her and grateful :wub:

com_Blue_060508_010.jpg

Here's a coupe more pics of our walk - Alfie does look a bit confused still in some of them, he stayed on the lead for the rest of the time, which he hates :(

com_Blue_060508_032.jpg

well done to bluebell :huggles: hope alfie is ok :huggles:

What a whippie :thumbsup: good girl Bluebell :huggles:

Hope its not to serious with Alfie :huggles:

what a clever girl im my youngest does the same thing clair she hasnt got the brain she was born with :blink: i hope alfie is ok :wub:

:cheers: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :cheers: [SIZE=21pt]Well done Bluebell[/SIZE] :huggles:

My mum used to have to do the same thing she had an old collie cross she was PTS earlier this year at the age of 17 years but she used to get disorrientated and wander of. My mum used to send her JRT Jake after her to fetch her back

oh clair..good on bluebell :huggles: what a star she is

star.jpg

welldone bluebell :huggles: glad alfie was ok :huggles:

They are so wonderful aren't they, they just seem to know what to do :huggles:

Hope Alfie is a bit better today :luck: :huggles:

Poor Alfie, isn't Bluebell a good girl :huggles:

Well Done Bluebell....What a clever girl. :huggles:

Pauline & Ruby

my old whippie Molly used to do the same with her it was partly due to her eyesight failing and if I got just beyond her visibilty she would panic and run off so when she was off lead I would try and make sure Iwas never more than a few feet away from her face meant going round in circles a lot of the time but it worked in the time she had left bless her (RIP Moll)

aww, well done Bluebell what a little star. That is a lovely picture of all your three together :wub:

Well done Blubell..................Hope Alfie is ok too :thumbsup:

well done bluebell :huggles: :huggles:

hope alfie is ok :huggles:

weathergirls said:
my old whippie Molly used to do the same with her it was partly due to her eyesight failing and if I got just beyond her visibilty she would panic and run off  so when she was off lead I would try and make sure Iwas never more than a few feet away from her face meant going round in circles a lot of the time but it worked in the time she had left  bless her (RIP Moll)
That's the worrying thing in Alfies case, he was right by my leg, touching it, when he just went, I'm not able bodied enough to run in long grass after him, I don't know what he was at, but I do know that I don't want him messed about with at the vets with cscans and things, he would hate that.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back