The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

puppy strange teeth

Kat_

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi!

I have a puppy which is 6 months old poochon. She is teething and 2 of her adults teeth seems to be growing very closely together/in a wrong place. I might be wrong and maybe this is how its supposed to be I am not sure as this is my first puppy.

She has just been checked by the vet (before this strange tooth appeared) and she is healthy eating and biting normally just seems a little bit uncomfortable sometimes.

I dont know if I should wait or take her to the vet with this immediately so I'd appreciate any advice, thank you.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-04-04 at 20.34.11.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-04 at 20.34.11.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 6,267
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-04-04 at 20.34.21.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-04 at 20.34.21.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 6,019
That doesn't look normal, but I wouldn't be losing sleep. If you are planning on having her spayed, perhaps the vet could remove the badly growing teeth at the same time.

Changing to adult teeth can sometimes temporarily create an odd layout which often sorts itself out, so no need to worry too much at this stage. If, once the teeth are completely through and properly bedded in (takes time) some or one is out of kilter, they can be left if not interfering with the mouth. With some breeds/crossbreeds there can be a tendency to inherit a misaligned mouth. This only needs attention if it causes damage to the mouth or other teeth, so it's a 'wait and see'.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back