The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Looking to Adpot Seeking a good-natured, young dachshund

Dax

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everybody

I've only just joined and am learning the rules of this forum ... please forgive me and let me know if I make any mistakes.

I wanted to ask your help in tracking down any dachshund (long-haired or smooth) that needs a new home and is available by donation (eg a donation to Dachshund Rescue).

As any dachshund enthusiasts amongst you will know, adult dachshunds needing a new home are as rare as hens' teeth. I've been on various Dachshund Rescue lists for well over 12 months, have pestered my friends and relatives for their help, have tried many of the local vets, dog training clubs and dog rescue societies and (reluctantly) am even trying the internet sites. Unfortunately I don't think anything but a pure-bred dachsie would suit me (I've already been offered a dachsie cross).

I must have a kind, trustworthy dog because I stay for a week at a time with a vulnerable dog-loving relative - a highly-strung or snappy dog would bite her.

I need a healthy, energetic dog without allergies because I like walking in the countryside (no more than 6 miles now) and want a good walking companion.

The dog must be house-trained and only bark when it has reasonable cause (eg "there's someone at the DOOR, come and see!").

I'm almost fully retired, this will be my last dachshund (except for fostering) so I want a dog no older than 4 years. I know I'm asking A LOT!

I offer references from my vet and dog-owning neighbours (who've known me for 30 years) about the kind of care I provided my first two dachshunds (I only have one dog at a time, see photos). I own my home with a garden. I live within 5 minutes walk of the fields and park. My dogs are obedience trained to a high standard and are groomed and have their teeth cleaned daily ... I think I offer a very good home that's been without a dachshund in it for far too long!

If anyone can help please could they get in touch? Yours hopefully ....

Dog in car.jpg

dog in park 2012 P5280094.jpg

Am delighted to say I've now got my dog! :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back