The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The good, the bad and the ugly of dog food!

The Pets Club

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello to everyone and happy new year!!!

I am one of the founders of the Pets Club and I am hoping to speak to dog owners so we can hopefully fine-tune our pet food services.

If you are able to spare us a moment of your time we would love to DM you a 15% discount on a product of your choice :)

Give us a message we would really love to chat

Hi, welcome to the forum, and happy new year :) It would be good to know what type of services you offer, where you are based etc. I would be happy to answer any questions you have, though I don't currently have a dog.

Hello, welcome.
I would be interested to know what kind of foods you consider to be the "Good, the Bad and the Ugly, and why.o_O

Hi Judy!

Thanks a ton for the response to our thread.
We are an online pet food retailer based in London and looking to source only the best possible brands on our platform.

With that considered, we were hoping to learn about what you have found to be the absolute best brands in your experience :)

Hi!

Thanks a ton for your response to our thread.
Our tongue and cheek title aside we are hoping to learn from people like you, what brands do you think are the best and why? :)

With that considered, we were hoping to learn about what you have found to be the absolute best brands in your experience :)

It's not an easy one... I fed my dog raw from a company by Nurturing by Nature based in Dorset and later, when he was less able to digest bones, moved to Natural Instinct complete raw. There are some premium raw brands that look excellent, but cost was a factor as he was a big lad and needed going on a kilo a day (I once worked out that it would cost around £12 a day to feed him Lily's Kitchen wet food!). But if you want to appeal to people with small dogs and big wallets, they could be worth considering (sorry, I can't remember specific brands).

I never found a kibble that agreed with my dog, but if I was looking for a kibble, I'd be interested in a grain-free, high meat content one.

If you're not aware of it, the website All About Dog Food is an excellent place to check out different types of food for a large range of budgets.

Are you aiming at a particular demographic, or hoping to offer something for every pocket? You might also want to consider the ethics of your suppliers. Nurturing by Nature tries to source local seasonal meat and a lot of their meats are free range.

Hi Judy,

I have to say thank you so much for such excellent feedback. It made me laugh so much when you said it cost £12 a day to feed your furry friend off of Lily's Kitchen.

We are most definitely trying to appeal to all budgets but we want to keep the quality really high and make sure that the brands that we work with are really ethical.

Thank you for the All About Dog Food recommendation, my other founder and I have used it a little and loved it so far.

Again, thanks so much. This kind of information is really helpful for building an awesome business.

If you do ever use our services please use the code FEEDBACK15 for a 15% discount :)

Instagram @thepetsclubcompany if you are interested :)

I feed raw and feed natures variety ....they also sell kibble which my boys love but it is £19 for 2 kgs ...
They cost around £65 a week to feed ....:eek::D:D

Hey Tom, those are some expensive puppers!! That is great insight, thank you :)

Good food is always an excellent investment for future health, so kudos to you for not stinting.

I have used Burns, Cesar, Tails, fourtengale (think spelt wrong) now a mixture of Lilly's kitchen and fresh boiled chicken, don't worry about price just go for what he will eat.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back