The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Tumbling Timber

JoanneF

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
He got up out of bed at about 6.00 am and I got up too to make sure he was okay - I saw him wobble on the landing at the top of the stairs, then roll all the way down! It was like he was still half asleep and had just lost his balance.

I've gently felt him all over, there are no obvious signs of anything being sore (no squeaks or flinching). He went out for a pee and a poo, supervised by Mr F, while I got dressed, and when he came back in he ran straight back upstairs to find me. Then he came downstairs with me to make a cup of tea. So I don't think he has done any serious damage, or given himself so much of a fright that he won't use the stairs again.

We have an appointment at the vet tomorrow for his normal check up. I'll see how he is today, if necessary I can probably bring that forward if he shows any sign of being in pain.

But what a fright. I'm going to buy a stair gate now.

Oh blimey poor boy, bet that did give you a right scare too! If his eye sight is not as good as it was this may of contributed if your landing was dark and he'd just woken up...I know with some of my older ones, when the hearing and sight are not so great, it does seem to disorientate them a bit on waking...
Hopefully he's all good x

Thank you. I've phoned the vet and changed his appointment to today, just for my peace of mind.

How scary for you. I hope it's just a sleepy dog missing his footing. All the best for your appointment.

That's us back from the vet. She examined him quite thoroughly, manipulated his head, and declared him absolutely fine.

I'm so relieved.

She also said his heart murmur was recorded on his records as a one, she would say one bordering on two but that might just be because he was a bit stressed. But it is not something that is concerning her and his lungs are clear so she is quite happy with him overall.

Great news. Hope he’s now settled.

I think so. Taken just now -

20240116_151849.jpg

Glad to hear he's all good:), enjoying his bed by the look of it!:D
(just had to change here to hear as was really bugging me, doh!)

Last edited:
He always enjoys his bed!

He has probably walked two miles today (over two walks). His own choice, he knows the walks - so he must be feeling okay.

He says it's not only cats that have nine lives.

Sorry to hear about Timber's tumble! I'm glad he's OK though. There's not much that's more adorable than a picture of a dog enjoying his bed ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back