The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

5 Whippet Bitches Urgently Looking For Homes

TC

RAGGY LASS!
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We have been advised of an emergency situation where an owner of five female entire whippets has sadly been diagnosed with terminal cancer and has literally been given approximately two weeks to live.

They are able to be fostered, all together, but this is obviously a short term arrangement as all of these whippets need a secure future.

We are therefore looking for permanent loving homes for these 5 bitches, who range in age from 2 years to 12 years, we think that the other 3 are approximately 6, 8 and 10 years old.

They are currently in South Yorkshire.

They are all being photographed and details recorded this afternoon, so either Dawn or myself will update this post with pictures and further information for each whippet.

They are all pedigree and change of ownership will not be a problem, so they will therefore be KC registered whippets.

Please can anyone who may be able to offer a home to any of these dogs pm Dawn in the first instance.

Again, this is a very sad emergency, so if you know anyone who may be looking for a whippet bitch, please bear these girls in mind.

Thank you

TCx

what a terrible situation for all concerned :( lets hope they all find loving homes soonx :huggles: :huggles:

How terribly sad :( Heres hoping they all find loving new homes very soon :luck: :luck: :luck:

What a devastating situation for the poor owner & her dogs.

So so incredibly sad, what can one say apart from lots of luck to the girls finding great homes & wishing for a miracle for the poor owner :luck: :luck: :huggles:

oh their poor owner must be feeling dreadful having to let her girls go :( plus having to deal with her devastating illness,its so sad :(

wishing the girls lots of luck in their future :huggles: :luck:

How terribly sad.

Really hope that the girls find wonderful loving homes soon, so their owner knows that they will be with someone she can trust. Let's hope that there are some k9ers out there who can help.

And so it rears its damn ugly existance once again, cancer, i have that much hatred for the word, i would glady without compunction, sit in this chair and hack off any of my limbs with my bare handsto rid this world of this awful disease, good luck to the dogs, and even though i dunna know the owner, i shed a tear for you

keith

i would really love to help...5 whippets aww bless them.. would there be financial support withn treatment etc if someone took them on

hope someone can take all of them together

this is so sad :(

TC, your inbox is full!!! Can't send you a pm :wacko:

May be interested in the younger one as a pal for Ellie

Will contact you later when pics are on

Julie & Philip (and not forgetting Ellie)

This disease is so awful - my heart goes out to the person concerned - :luck: finding homes for the whippets

Hope all these girls find nice homes. Feel really tempted to say I may be able to have one of the older ones but there is a lot to think about. Better wait until hear more about them. Whether in-house dogs, temperament etc.

Hope all works out for them and that their owner will know they are going to be okay

Pauline

What a sad story..I hope it has a happier ending for the girls. I really do feel for the owner she must be totally devastated,I just cannot even begin to think what she must be going thru right now. :(

I wish these girls all the very best of luck in finding their new homes. :luck: :luck: :huggles:

what a heart breaking story :(

:luck: :luck: to these poor babies , loosing their mum will be hard enough but to be seperated at their ages will be so hard for them :(

Life can be so cruel :(

Looking forward to seeing the piccies and hearing more about these girlies - Holly says that 12 year old whippets are no trouble at all :)

Okay ladies and gents,

Please can I ask that you pm Dawn as I have now got loads of pms and need to forward them to her, as I have not had any acccess to the internet until this morning, sorry.

Here are some pictures, we were slightly out on the original ages so the ladies are 12, 10, 9 and 7

All four together

allfourtogether.jpg

Poppy aged 12

poppyaged12.jpg

Rosie aged 10

rosieaged10.jpg

Amber aged 9

amberaged9.jpg

Ruby aged 7

rubyaged7.jpg

Aww bless look at them :wub: Any details about their temperment, health, good with cats/children?

:( aww poor babies good luck with finding forever homes for them and amber is just a gorguse little darling :wub: :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back