The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Betsi My Most Wonderful Companion

St.Elsewhere

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everybody on K9 Comunity ...

I am new to the forum but have whippets for a long time ...

Still have my beautiful 9 years old Gwendariff Blonde Serenade alias Betsi

(Ir.Ch.Eng.Ch.Collooney Silver Fox X Pencloe Startime at Gwendariff) ...

Here are photos of her at one years old ...

ot was a long time ago but she is fr still the same one ...

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=217&u=10081043

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=218&u=10081043

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=219&u=10081043

THANKS FOR THE "RITCHIE" FAMILY FOR MY MOST WONDERFUL COMPANION TROUGHT ALL THOSE YEARS ...

Thanks a million time ...

Stephy 8)

She's beautiful.

Don't all our gorgeous whippets deserve to be Champions, in fact all the whippets I have owned over the past 40 years have been champions in my eyes.

Irene

Wow she's fantastic, thanks for sharing!

She is really beautiful. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I finally managed to get these photos in view and yes, she was a beauty in her time. At 9 years old Betsi should still have a lot of life in her; I even known whippets that age racing in the veterans division.

luve4.gif
She's lovely Stephy. Looks very like the gorgeous Gaby

Is that Holly laying with her ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very lovley indeed Stephy...and YES I too agree with you she should have been a Champion!!! :wub: :wub:

Good evening K9ners ,

it is with not so good news of my wonderful Betsi that I am writting yo you ...

Today is the 3rd day she was at the vet school ...

Brain troubles !

She was allowed yesterday to come back at home at night but then today had to return to the vet school hosptipal for more x-ray and we discover her throught is too big with maybe a tumor ... she had eaten thise morning so we only take blood again and tomorrow at 3 PM her throught will be open to see what is in there ...

Another thing her maxilar are not able to open more then two centimeters she is eating with a spoon like a baby ...

I have to give her water with a spoon too as she is not able to drink by her own ...

Fortunatly tomorrow she will be operate by the best professor of the Vet school hosptital who is the best friend of my ex-husband ...

I just cross fingers and pray doggy God that she will be fine and stay for many more years with me ...

I was not a lot on K9 this latest time so you all know why ...

Will keep you inform about the results of the biopsy and blood tests too ...

Stephy

Stephy, so sorry to hear this news. Best of luck with the results and hope you'll soon have your beautiful Betsi home again :luck:

Stephy im really sorry to hear about Betsi
hug4.gif

I hope there is some improvement today
crossfingers.gif

I did e-mail you last night but it was before i read this :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I,m very sorry to hear about Betsi,hope there good news to come :luck: :luck: I had a dog who had brain trouble,so i know what its like.

im so sorry to hear about Betsi, i hope she makes a full recovery :luck:

Very sorry to hear about Betsi's problems..I am keeping my fingers crossed for her and you!! :huggles: :huggles:

Let me know how she gets on.

Well thanks everyone for your nice words,

Betsi back home and she have a "Miosite" wich to simplify the expalanation: her muscles are desapearing !

and of course her brain attack sunday ...

She have a treatement to receive wich is very complicate for both problems

Her brain seem to work but I could not leave her too long alone in the room as she is takeing out her other medication very quickly ...

Tomooorw i have to gve her 2 injections for her Miosite at 6 Am and 6 PM then will started the brain treatemnt at 9AM, 1PM , 5 PM then as you could see every 4 hours ...

Am I going to survive to it , I must just for her and we will now in 5 days if she is fine and will go again to near normal or not ...and she must survive for me too, i told her ...

Well I will keep update when I could ...

Stephy

Bless her heart Stephy, I hope she responds to the treatment
crossfingers.gif

I've only just read this about Betsi - how awful for you both.

I really hope that she comes through this - :huggles: to both of you.

Well we hope she respond the treatment, this morning at 6h30 (I did not heard the "wake-up wake-up wake-up" message at 6h !) she got her first injection done by me in her muscles and I could tell you all it is not easy with abitch loosing her muscles as you coud imagine ... nw in 12h I will repeat the inkjection and this for 2 dasy then if she respond to this treatement she will pass to pills !

A little more easy to dilute in water and put in her mouth ...

And then this night I have to feed her, give her water and pills for the brain !

It was a long night, well short but I am still alive , tired :sweating: but seem Betsi is ok ... :p

She is normally aroung 15/16 kilos now just to let you imagine that she is 11 kilos so nearly only skin and bones !

The positive thing is that her heart is strong so w hope she pass this bad time more confortably ...

BUt as the heart is also a muscle we cross fingers it will not be damage as quickly as the other muscles ...

So that was the news for now ...

Thanks again everybdy for your nice words in those moments

Stephy

and betsi :wub:

wishing betsi and yourself all the luck in the world :luck: :luck: :luck:

i do hope she picks up soon, fingers crossed for her :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back