The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cleo

katia

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We visited some friends this weekend and Cleo was fascinated by their chickens.

cleo_sluipmode.jpg

Cleo sneaking up on the chickens

cleo_inbreker.jpg

How do I get in there :sweating:

cleo_en_dido.jpg

Finally she gets some help from Dido, but it's no use, the chickens are safe behind the wire.

:lol: :- " Mmmm... wonder what they would do if they could get in. My old dog Chip - he actually killed one at my Uncles farm :( (w00t)

If she is anything like her cousin Genie, she will kill them of course! :eek:

I've never seen a dog who hates birds more than my little angel o:)

She is always on the look out for more victims

View attachment 17651

Zoomie passes loose chickens every day on his walks but he's always on the lead - having said that his feet are not on the ground!!! (w00t) :lol: :lol:

It's like walking with a dog on a pogo-stick! :teehee:

when i had my big dobermann stud dog we went to to friends house in lincolnshire to mate her bitch and to pick up a pup from the last mating we did.as we arrived my dog blade had been cooped up in the car for a while so wendy said to me let him have a run in the paddock he can stretch his legs and spend a penny.what i didnt know was that she had 2 geese in the paddock!as soon as he saw them he made a beeeline for them running at full pelt.i was screaming at him to come back and had visions of white feathers all over the paddock and our friendship with wendy being irrepairably damaged (w00t) as he got right up to them the male goose flapped his wings and made a terrible noise.blade stopped dead in his tracks and ran like hell back to the safety of his mum an dad! :D what a wimp! :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
Gucci is obsessed with chasing birds, every time we enter a wide open space she has to clear the whole field of any birds that are on the ground with an evil glint in her eye. But her all time favourite activity is scattering geese and ducks off the banks of the River Mersey or the Water Parks, she will happily take on 30 at a time til they are squarking in a very annoyed manner :rant: from a safe distance in the water. Thankfully she does not like swimming after them :sweating: Not met any chickens though, but i'm sure she would like to eat them too :- "

Great pictures, Katia :lol:

I love that one where Cleo tries to get in there !!!

Here's a picture of our whippet Dobé when she was 5 months :

dobeandthechickens.jpg

She also became crazy because she couldn't reach or get by those chickens.

A few months later she discovered a new fascination, which she still has : sheeps and cows !

And ofcourse chasing birds...

Our whippet was terrible with my birds to begin with - whining and gnawing at the wires. Now he's absolutely fine, even when you have sick ones in a box in the kitchen. I think he's realised they are part of the family. I used to be able to leave him loose guarding the birds against foxes in the garden, till he got bored and learned to jump the fence. He's very good with wild ones too, he has come across sitting mallard and left them alone o:) He did eat a (long) dead goose once though :x

Now bunnies...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back