The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Disinfectant

whippetmad

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
does anyone used a good disinfectant for cleaning the yard/kennel/patio etc? other than Jeyes.

PARVOVIRUCIDE & ODOUR KILL are both excellent,the first is fantastic if you have a litter of very young pups and dont want to be carrying any diseases into them, it has a nice pleasant smell,and the second one is a great all round distinfectant for getting rid of "doggy" smells and unlike Jeyes the smell lasts and actually is lovely - kind of like bubblegum :) I personally do not use Jeyes any more as we went to a seminar about 6yrs ago regarding animal husbandry and they told us that prolonged use of Jeyes can actually cause problems in your animals :( specifically respiratory,so have'nt used it since in either the stables nor the area where the dogs go to the toilet.

I use Odour Kill as well ........................ bubblegum .......... THAT'S IT!!! LOL! I've been wondering what it reminds me of!!!

dessie said:
I use Odour Kill as well ........................ bubblegum .......... THAT'S IT!!!  LOL!  I've been wondering what it reminds me of!!!
Where can you buy Odour Kill disinfectant?

daledogs said:
does anyone used a good disinfectant for cleaning the yard/kennel/patio etc? other than Jeyes.
Bleach is what you want, do my chopper in it underwear, i do my yard once a week with it, my whippet was fawn n white when i got her, she,s all white nowwwwww

keith

Yes, bleach is the most effective product against parvovirus and variety of other things. I wash everything in it when i have young pups and keep an old towel soaked in it by my the front door to wipe our feet before we come in from the street. I also use it to mop the floors. It also has a strong deodorising effect. But if you splash it on your clothes (especially cotton) it will bleach pale spots (w00t) . And i do not use it around the young pups, take them out of the room first, mop and dry their area and then bring them back. The fumes can be irritating but it reacts with air quickly and then is safe. It the same stuff used to desinfect drinking watter in the treatment plants. :thumbsup:

I use oger kill and bleach bepending whats in i wash the back down as ots all flaged now then i get a firtizer sprayer like the miracal grow ones that ataches to the end of your houes pip full it with bleach and spry the hole garden with it if i do it last thing at night ots all fresh and clean in the morning and with 8 dogs 6 of them being big ones I need to keep it realy clean I only usualy have to bleach twice a week and orderkill ones and once a month everthing is jet washed down. It works well and we het no nasty niffs whitchcan be realy horred in the summer

Trigene by Medichem is a valuable disinfectant used in our kennels and breeding blocks. It works up to 70% quicker than other disinfectants and ensures cell death rather than just suspending it espcially against TB and Parvovirus and you dont have to use nowhere near as much. You can get it in several different frangrances but must be diluted as per instructions. More info from www.liverpoolkennels.co.uk or www.medi-chem.com

I use Virkon but I 'borrow' it from work so I don't know where you can get it from :oops:

I use lavender & eucalyptus oil added to water......it's a damm site safer than all those chemicals,& smells lovely too!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
alfyn said:
I use lavender & eucalyptus oil added to water..
Debbie the topic is disinfectant for kennels & yards etc NOT your aftershave :p :teehee: :p

Seriously someone sometime ago mentioned swilling with biological washing powder - it seems sensible AND works for us.

bio washing pwder is brill for cleaning but dosnt disnifect or kill germs thats why we use bleach last thing at night outside

We use Cromosol to disinfect which along with the bio wash powder (not mixed together) does work for us. The wash powder gets rid of all the smells :x

dawn said:
alfyn said:
I use lavender & eucalyptus oil added to water..
Debbie the topic is disinfectant for kennels & yards etc NOT your aftershave :p :teehee: :p

Seriously someone sometime ago mentioned swilling with biological washing powder - it seems sensible AND works for us.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dawn, how could you be so mean to our lovely Debs :- " :- " :teehee: :teehee: ;) ;)

dessie said:
kirsty said:
dessie said:
I use Odour Kill as well ........................ bubblegum .......... THAT'S IT!!!  LOL!  I've been wondering what it reminds me of!!!
Where can you buy Odour Kill disinfectant?

Here is their website

Animal Health Company

very good products. Their range of shampoos is also excellent and I also use their herbal range

Thanks for that. I shall go and have a look

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back