The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Foot And Mouth

wunwin

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just heard on the radio that the current foot and mouth out break in surrey will not at present cause any restrictions to dog shows, horse events or racing. But it will be reviewed as the outbreak proceeds.

Fingers crossed everyone that it doesent get any worse, for all concerned with the country side.

been watching the news....lets hope it doesnt get as bad as last time :luck:

Keeping our fingers crossed here the outbreak is kept restricted....everything was culled on the farm where I work in 2001 it was such a terrible time. My hubby works in animal health so is already getting orders today for disinfectant and mats too as a precaution.....lets hope it dosnt go any further than this one farm. :(

Apparently its beef cattle about 60 of them, and hasnt affected sheep at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere else is to do with pigs??? I'll see if I can find it.

I doubt that very much, ...far too early to tell anyway....they are still doing the testing as far as I know after the culling of the cattle. It will depend on where the cattle came from - which mart etc..

dont seem to be able to click on your link Hely

It was Garstang's Ag. Show today-Cows/sheep weren't allowed it was reported. :(

Now it sounds like the virus may have been released from a nearby lab. :rant: Makes me wonder where it came from last time and who really was responsible for the billions of pounds worth of damage caused. I don' t understand why they are now transporting the carcasses by road- surely that increases risk of spreading infection?

Hopefully, it hasn' t spread this time. Fingers crossed.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back