The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Goosegrass

bells

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi I’m a new member , I have an 8 yr old show cocker spaniel called Bailey
He is an orange roan
Interesting this morning on a walk he was eating goosegrass
Which I have looked up it seems it’s natural remedy for tummy upsets
He doesn’t eat much and every now and then

Attachments

• 9772a8db-9a87-413e-ac88-700c87c7900e.jpeg
    9772a8db-9a87-413e-ac88-700c87c7900e.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 1,362
Hello and welcome. I'm afraid I know nothing about gossegrass though.

Hi and welcome from me too. A few of my dogs also eat the young shoots of goosegrass, it's good for the lymphatic system.:)
Lovely picture btw!

He's gorgeous :) I believe that often, dogs don't eat grasses and herbs because they have an ailment they seek to medicate, but just because they like the taste, or fancy a snack. A bit like us eating blackberries on a walk!

A couple of my lot will also pluck a blackberry or two off the bush as we pass!

Mine loved goosgrass, which allegedly is full of vitamin C, especially this time of year. They loved blackberries too.

Our lot also like the young goosegrass, they will pick it most of the summer.
I often pick goosgrass, dandelion flowers, leaves and roots, a little bit of hog weed and some nettle tops, put it all into the blender and blitz it with a little water and pour it all over the girls dinners.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back