The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Greyhound Blood in Non Ped WHIPPET Breeding

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
sadieandco said:
OK was gunna add a reply on here typed it all out then changed my mind, whats the point all of what is being debated on here has bin said before and spoke about in the past...for what tho nothing has changed and this will go on and on and on unless instead of debating the negative why not all put heads together and try a different format ie timed handicap for the big dogs or summat hey at the end of the day nothing will get better unless everybody works together instead of pulling things down!!The normal sized dogs :b   not saying scr dogs aint normal but you know what i mean..all run differnt things so why cant the scr dogs???? :oops:   just a thought!!

sadie x

becoz scratch is scratch ie all off levels, although asive said b4 change it to the big dogs handicap or staggered race lol :thumbsup:

If the only concern is what it could be called, well!!!!!!!!! Say no more!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
no supreme scratch would solve problem :)) it wasn't really a concern before its introduction :- " plus your 36 40 and no limit winners held more prestige :) now its whatever wins supreme tends to take away the prestige of the other 2 scratch groups :) imo

mutley said:
no supreme scratch would solve problem :))   it wasn't really a concern before its introduction :- "  plus your 36  40 and no limit winners held more prestige :)   now its whatever wins supreme tends to take away the prestige of the other 2 scratch groups :) imo

see what ya sayin, but personally i believe the scr should have the opportunity to gain sup scr ch /scr ch ch`s. lol it was me that asked the old fed to add the scr run off hence the SIMPSON trophy for sup :- "

mutley said:
no supreme scratch would solve problem :))   it wasn't really a concern before its introduction :- "  plus your 36  40 and no limit winners held more prestige :)   now its whatever wins supreme tends to take away the prestige of the other 2 scratch groups :) imo

see what your sayin gary,but i personaaly believe that scr dogs should have the opportunity to gain ch ch`s /sup ch.

lol it was myself that approached the old fed regarding the scr run off hense the SIMPSON trophy for sup :- " :- " :oops:

dont blame pc :D its got good and bad points i think Richie it must be nice to gain sup of course but still think its caused a bit of a problem when people with 36 or 40 pounders not wanting to run of with bigger dogs for safety aspects :) but there again no ones forced to run in supremes so theres a good argument either way really it comes down to owners choice i suppose :)

simpson said:
mutley said:

see what your sayin gary,but i personaaly believe that scr dogs should have the opportunity to gain ch ch`s /sup ch.

lol it was myself that approached the old fed regarding the scr run off hense the SIMPSON trophy for sup :- " :- " :oops:

Soooo this is all YOUR fault :- " :lol:

simpson said:
bloody pc went daft lol

PMSL your daft lol

Totally agree sup Scr is nice to win but i still have issues with the safely aspect of it , and its simple if you don't want to run your dog off for the sup scr then don't ...simple same as 1ydlb handicap ..

DENISE BAILEY said:
simpson said:
bloody pc went daft lol

PMSL your daft lol

Totally agree sup Scr is nice to win but i still have issues with the safely aspect of it , and its simple if you don't want to run your dog off for the sup scr then don't ...simple same as 1ydlb handicap ..

totally agree its entirely upto the owners :thumbsup:

rodders said:
simpson said:
mutley said:

Soooo this is all YOUR fault :- " :lol:

only fed not bwra someone else to blame for that lol :teehee:

simpson said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
simpson said:
bloody pc went daft lol

PMSL your daft lol

totally agree its entirely upto the owners :thumbsup:

It's no use creeping now,you trouble causer you :p :lol:

yeah richie u to blame and stop sending me pms blamin mand (w00t)

Go on Gary get him in trouble off the pc aswell as on it :lol: :thumbsup:

the way i look @it is well @ the mo ive got nikki whizz about 46lb now say i am lucky enuf to get in a supreme scratch race and i have to give yards away well then id prob w/d as it wudnt b a scratch race imo. same as if i had a 40lber and i ended up getting a start on a bigger dog and i won well id b thinking to myself i only won coz i had so many yards start or wotever. simplest thing is do away with supreme scratch but then it is taking the status away from those who wud like to race in it. i agree with dee its the same as yds per pound supremes. is this more to do with bend racing? REASON I ASK soz @caps on bloody laptop anywauy reason i ask is the big big dogs and theres not that many of them anyway they wonr fit in the traps on the straights i used to have to squeeze mickey whizz in and he was only 50lb

3 options the way I see it,

1. Scrap Supreme Scratch

2. Carry on as before leaving it to the owners discrepancy to run for Supreme.

3. Only award Supreme (and titles associated with this) when there is a competitive run off for it (i.e. not a solo)

The only problem with the latter that Tony's just pointed out to me is that some may withdraw from Supreme deliberately to prevent another dog receiving the award. I'm surprised that he thinks some may do this as I would of thought if I had a reasonable chance I'd risk it. What do others think?

The other thing is it does seem daft to deny the fastest dog an award but then the title Champion of Champions seems a bit farsical if you run against nothing.

Arrghhh!! :wacko:

personally id only withdraw my dog from a (proper) supreme scratch i it was way way behind in times although saying that when i raced mickey whizz one day @ murton he won the no limit & no surrender won the 40lb and no surrender in the 1st run was 7 yards faster than mickey whizz but i still ran off and it was a brill race with no surrender winning by only a head. u c som dogs get faster their 2nd/3rd run etc so i cant c the time thing working. anyway back to withdrawing id prob only w/d hru injury or if my dog imo had had too many runs. i dont really think people wud w/d so a said dog wud get the points but u never know, unless nobody knew that a dog had w/d until the last minute? but then thats not really fair on the dog if u had it all geed up to race again etc

personally id leave it the way it is but thats just my opinion

i agree kaz leave it as it is and leave it up to owners to decide if they want to run in sup :thumbsup:

MAND (w00t) richies sent me another pm and still blamin you and callin ya names you should really clout him :D

rob67 said:
Vicky said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
rob67 said:
I wasn't saying it was anyone in particular Vicky :( , as I said it was difficult to know where to say what I felt in which topic because they all seem to have a similar content lately.chris

I did point this out as happening when the topic was split and another one started , all with the same type of material in it :oops: :- " maybe it should be all thrown back together

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same could be said over the last god knows how many years and every post that's reverted back to Yvonne / Tony and everything else that's dragged on for a lifetime, throw in a bit of drug testing / Bruce & Di and the banning of kickboards and hey presto you're back to the birth of k9!!!!!!! ;)

I know (w00t) I had nothing better to do one night and decided to go back to the beginning of K9 and read the posts..............it's the same old stories and debates ( or should I say arguments (w00t) ). Much the same people posting and no conclusions either to the debates.............as you say, not much changed then :D

please tell me you did'nt, (w00t) lol Rob take chris out :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: alot, lot lot more lol

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back