The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Harness for greyhound.

P13

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello everyone,

I’m new here and lucky, future ex racing greyhound owner!
I would like to ask experience greyhound owners if that kind of harness will be ok for that kind of dog?

Thank you for all the answers!

Attachments

• IMG_6997.png
    IMG_6997.png
    2 MB · Views: 7,876
I've not owned a greyhound, but am a big fan of them :) I'm not familiar with this harness, but it is a Y-shaped harness which is better than the ones with a strap going straight across the area.

The harnesses that I've seen recommended the most are Perfect Fit, so you might want to look at these. They have the advantage that the components are 'mix and match', so work for a dog who, say, has a deeper chest than the average. The company is very helpful, and happy to exchange individual components that aren't quite right.

I don’t have a greyhound but really wanted (still do 😀) an Italian greyhound and did a bit of research about their needs. I would recommend checking with greyhound specific websites and chat groups as I know they do need different collars and perhaps also harnesses to more robust dogs 😀 I am so pleased you are checking what would suit your new family member best. I hope to see photos of your new friend soon

I dont have a greyhound but I have a dog with a super high prey drive and a tip from a greyhound owner led me to the houdini type antiescape harness. basically the Y sort with an extra strap to stop them backing out and escaping.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back