The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hi There season advice.

Binkyboo

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am looking for some advice. I have a 4 year old Poochon who I bred previously . She had 2 gorgeous puppies. I’d like to breed her again this year. Before pregnancy she was bang on 6 monthly seasons. She had a season as she was due after she gave birth but then came into season early at 4 months. The season didn’t last as long as in the past and then 8 weeks later she had what I think was a phantom pregnancy. She was digging quite a lot. Anyway she started bleeding last night again bang on 4 months. I intend to get her cytology tested. The lady who is going to be testing her has recommended starting from day 5 but now I’m wondering if I should start testing her earlier ?
Can dogs go from 6 months to shorter seasons after pregnancy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Seasons can change after a pregnancy, and sometimes they revert back, sometimes they don't. Sensible of you to give whatever health tests your vet recommends.

Seasons can change after a pregnancy, and sometimes they revert back, sometimes they don't. Sensible of you to give whatever health tests your vet recommends.
Thank you. Yes she’s had her health checks and all is fine.

Sorry to be pedantic but when you are breeding, I think it's really important to be clear so that the buyers of your puppies know what they might be getting. So do please make sure to distinguish between checks and tests. There's a big difference.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back