The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Itchy dog

colettedb

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
August has had increased itching over past weeks - started with paws and seems to be going higher now. No fleas - anyone have any supplements they can recommend for allergies?

I wonder if it could be something growing outside? Just because so many spring plants are starting to sprout. You could try washing her paws / wiping her down with a wet cloth after walks. Coconut oil might help too, with the added bonus that if she links it off it won't do harm, and she will smell gorgeous.

I was wondering if it could be a seasonal allergy- her paws are pink now from the iron in her saliva lol looks pretty enough but I don’t want her to itch 😀

You could do a bit of research on the use of nettles, they are known for their antihistamine properties. I think you can make a wash from them too. One of my dogs has always grazed on fresh nettles when we're out.

Thanks for your responses 😀 hopefully I can get this resolved soon as vet nurse said no obvious injury to paws and that she must be licking more often and to keep and eye on it

Had august at vet this afternoon and he has prescribed Apoquel as he thinks seasonal allergies and piriton not strong enough. He said to get them online so now I have to find an online dispenser - anyone have any suggestions as don’t want to have to go through all of the ones on google 😀

I used VetUK - was very happy with them. I hope the meds work for August.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back