The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lost Legends And Future Potential Studs.

wild whippies

Super-D-Duper
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Something positive, I hope...

I've been doing a bit of mooching to find out which scratch racing whippets would be able to line pure greyhounds and must admit I've been pleasantly surprised at how many decent dogs are out there with very little greyhound in their breeding. I think a list might be useful for those wishing to line a greyhound dam with the purpose of producing heavyweight / scratch dogs so feel free to add.

If there's any that aren't eligable for other reasons (castrated, deceased etc) then also add this kind of info.

Scratch Dogs

Chunkie

Junior Walker

Dodgy Chaser

Rhyme N Reason

Avit

Simpson

Nikitason

Vandason

Masai

Heavyweight Dogs

Aqueous

Jarvis Cocker

It's Off

The next list are dogs that cannot line a pure greyhound. They all have a grandparent that is a greyhound (1/4) but are dogs that have done well in racing and maybe suitable alternatives to using a full greyhound. (again feel free to add to this list too) Some of these dogs have never been used at stud, which is a shame. :(

Anyone's Company

Pip's Pride

MerryMaker

IOU

Bigger Bugger

Showboat

Definitely Blue

No Surrender

Bud

Rapscallion

Pems Lad

Micky Whizz

Refuse To Bend

Challenger

Sailaway

Show Three

Sugar Fire

Rapid Jazz

Sandstorm

Last edited by a moderator:
Showboat is a bitch

Pems Lad is no longer with us

:thumbsup: you can add hellbound to the list of dogs that can line greyhound bitches jac :cheers:

Duh! Got a big letter F next to Show Three and Refuse To Bend! :wacko: Almost as embarassing as missing Hellbound off (sorry Yvonne) :b

I'm using Audrey Johnson's books and some on Tony's old Whippet News's so it's not always clear whether they was a dog or bitch (although the above are obvious as they were running when I started out)

John, tell me your joking about Bob?! can you also give any details on Mad Max's sire? as there's only limited detail on the BWRA database.

Geoff did Pems Lad line anything? Or is Another Wonder around? As Moany Moany seems to be the only one who has carried this line on?

Duh! Got a big letter F next to Show Three and Refuse To Bend! :wacko: Almost as embarassing as missing Hellbound off (sorry Yvonne) :b
I'm using Audrey Johnson's books and some on Tony's old Whippet News's so it's not always clear whether they was a dog or bitch (although the above are obvious as they were running when I started out)

John, tell me your joking about Bob?! can you also give any details on Mad Max's sire? as there's only limited detail on the BWRA database.

Geoff did Pems Lad line anything? Or is Another Wonder around? As Moany Moany seems to be the only one who has carried this line on?
There's also her full litter sister Born Free, she was mated twice to Son of a Bitch and produced (1) Dennis the Menace NL, Chris' Gift 32, Molly Chop 27 and (2) Born Mad 21 and Born a Bitch 20 I think there was also another bitch around 35lb and Kate's dog Roger the Dodger (35lb ??). Have a feeling she also went to Wor John. Miss Mellish her other full sister produced a litter to Another Spot but I don't believe any of them raced but they were not big, she also went to another dog and produced a couple of 22lbers though I can't remember the sire. Sadly Naz's Warrior had that fatal accident a few years ago, he was Blaze's litter brother.

P.S Dennis and Roger could possibly be included on the second of your lists since they carry the greyhound as grandparent through Son of a Bitch.

P.P.S Where's Solo :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Elise, Rodger The Dodger wasn't on BWRA database. I'll get Tony to add them ( along with Solo) :b

Second List

Uptown Bear

Turkish

Minster's Rocket

Brookhill Buddy

keep em coming Elise! I'm bog eyed with looking! Going to try and wade through these WN's tomorrow.

What are you classing as h/w - Sun Prince is 32lb and there's no greyhound blood in about 4 generations

this will be a brill list to have done when ts fully complet makes it much easer to know were bitches can and carnt go allthough all my greyhound bitches are sniped :eek:

Ahem ---- MAID YOUR POINT & MAID U LUCK!!!!!! Add Sailaway to the list with Rapskallion and file under Gay, must be something in the breeding.

Might be worth looking through War & Peace "BWRA new Rule" at the list i put to see if there's any you've not got.

You can add Jack The Lad too if you like :thumbsup:

Hi Jacs could you add Kaiser to your list :)

Ahem ---- MAID YOUR POINT & MAID U LUCK!!!!!! Add Sailaway to the list with Rapskallion and file under Gay, must be something in the breeding.

Might be worth looking through War & Peace "BWRA new Rule" at the list i put to see if there's any you've not got.

[/qu

ote

Onily joking bobs randier than a tom cat with 3 balls lol

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back