The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My Grandad

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
For his friends and fellow whippet racers.

My beloved Grandad Graham Cooper passed away peacefully last night.

As most of you know he has suffered from a rare terminal illness for over 7 years, over that period it has meant so much to him and our family to know he was in the thoughts of all his friends, he's been told of each and everyone of you who have asked about him and it's a great comfort to all of us to know he was so well thought of.

I am his biggest fan, he's always been my hero. As a child i spent every minute possible with him, i'd listen for hours on end to all his stories, there's no-one that's given me as many happy memories as he had, i just find it amazing that someone can be such an inspiration and touch someone's life the way he did mine.

He loved the simple things in life, he was in awe of nature and loved to point out all the different birds and fish on our walks, he marked on his calendar every year the day he'd seen the first swallow as they came back to england and loved nothing more than being out in the country and walking for miles to go shooting or to get the best peg for fishing a river. He was never without a dog and had whippets from being a young boy, a passion that he passed on to me, we'd walk for miles, him with the handlure over his shoulder and me with a couple of dogs in tow to find a nice flat field to go training. Nearly 5 years ago, he sat with my bitch whilst i was at work in case she went into labour and days later pointed to his pick, the ugly duckling of the litter who went on to become Sup Rch / Sup Nch / Ch Ch's Maid Your Point, nothing meant more to me than my grandad being there that day at Highgate, watching as Jude & i took our first ever title, he was absolutely bursting with pride. Whilst he loved to hear about Jude and Cara's achievements, he always had a soft spot for the underdog of our house Ziggy and had faith that one day he'd make it, he cried happy tears when i phoned him to tell him he'd got his first title at Swallownest. More recently when he was confined to his wheelchair he'd sit and watch every dvd of our gang racing, read over and over his copy of whippet news and was forever asking how the youngsters were doing with their training, the last time i saw him show real happy emotion was when i went to tell him that Keith (his nephew in law) had just got his first ever BWRA title with Anagram.

Grandad would do anything for anyone, wasn't interested in all the politics in whippet racing and you'd never hear him have cross words with anyone or a bad word to say about someone, he just enjoyed seeing the dogs do what they loved and when clubs were closing in the North West, along with the rest of the gang he helped set up A & T club.

I could go on forever but basicly just wanted to pay tribute to an absolute gentleman and thank everyone on behalf of the rest of the family for the calls, texts and messages of condolence. Everything is in place to give him the send off he deserves - i'll post details as soon as possible.

You can now rest in peace Grandad xxxxx

What a lovely tribute x

RIP Graham Cooper, I didn't know you but you must have been a very special man :)

What a wonderful tribute to someone who was clearly a wonderful man. May he rest in peace somewhere where swallows still fly and whippets still run :)

He sounded like an incredible man, (old school) not many of them about now. :thumbsup: di

thinking of you and your family vicky at this sad time, i,m sure your grandad is watching down on you and will follow you where ever you go. r.i.p. graham cooper

so sorry to hear your very sad news vicky & family.i know how close you were to your grandad. reat in peace graham.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely post Vicky. :huggles:

The club will miss Graham dearly. Such a kind thoughtful man who I'll always remember with fond memories. I know it'll be standing room only at his funeral as this gentleman touched the hearts of so many people. Rest In Peace Graham, enjoy your walk with the dogs running through the fields, the birds singing in the hedgerows and the sunshine on your back.

evening.jpg

Graham was truly one of the nicest most genuine people i had every met. he had a hart of gold and anyone who new him cold see how much he loved his family and the dogs. This world will be a sadder place without such a wonderful man and if we can all take from him a little of his care and love everyone would be much better for it. what a very special person. Vicky if I had had a grandad like him he would have been my hero as well anything we can do just let us know. Now he can watch all the races he wants and be watching the dogs with you ever time they run

wendy x

For his friends and fellow whippet racers.

My beloved Grandad Graham Cooper passed away peacefully last night.

As most of you know he has suffered from a rare terminal illness for over 7 years, over that period it has meant so much to him and our family to know he was in the thoughts of all his friends, he's been told of each and everyone of you who have asked about him and it's a great comfort to all of us to know he was so well thought of.

I am his biggest fan, he's always been my hero. As a child i spent every minute possible with him, i'd listen for hours on end to all his stories, there's no-one that's given me as many happy memories as he had, i just find it amazing that someone can be such an inspiration and touch someone's life the way he did mine.

He loved the simple things in life, he was in awe of nature and loved to point out all the different birds and fish on our walks, he marked on his calendar every year the day he'd seen the first swallow as they came back to england and loved nothing more than being out in the country and walking for miles to go shooting or to get the best peg for fishing a river. He was never without a dog and had whippets from being a young boy, a passion that he passed on to me, we'd walk for miles, him with the handlure over his shoulder and me with a couple of dogs in tow to find a nice flat field to go training. Nearly 5 years ago, he sat with my bitch whilst i was at work in case she went into labour and days later pointed to his pick, the ugly duckling of the litter who went on to become Sup Rch / Sup Nch / Ch Ch's Maid Your Point, nothing meant more to me than my grandad being there that day at Highgate, watching as Jude & i took our first ever title, he was absolutely bursting with pride. Whilst he loved to hear about Jude and Cara's achievements, he always had a soft spot for the underdog of our house Ziggy and had faith that one day he'd make it, he cried happy tears when i phoned him to tell him he'd got his first title at Swallownest. More recently when he was confined to his wheelchair he'd sit and watch every dvd of our gang racing, read over and over his copy of whippet news and was forever asking how the youngsters were doing with their training, the last time i saw him show real happy emotion was when i went to tell him that Keith (his nephew in law) had just got his first ever BWRA title with Anagram.

Grandad would do anything for anyone, wasn't interested in all the politics in whippet racing and you'd never hear him have cross words with anyone or a bad word to say about someone, he just enjoyed seeing the dogs do what they loved and when clubs were closing in the North West, along with the rest of the gang he helped set up A & T club.

I could go on forever but basicly just wanted to pay tribute to an absolute gentleman and thank everyone on behalf of the rest of the family for the calls, texts and messages of condolence. Everything is in place to give him the send off he deserves - i'll post details as soon as possible.

You can now rest in peace Grandad xx

so sorry to hear about your grandad vicky what a nice tribute to a much loved grandad rip mr cooper geoff

Vicky I am so sorry to hear of the sad loss of your grandad. What a wonderful tribute to an obviously well loved gentleman, may he rest in peace.

what a real nice tribute to him vicky got a lump in my throat reading that rest in peace

pockett

Lovely words vicky for lovely grandad RIP mr cooper :thumbsup:

A LOVELY TRIBUTE VIVKI

SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOSS OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

PAT AND JOHN

I can only echo what vicky has said he was truely a great man he didn't speak much but when he did it all made sense. so sorry you have left us but glad your not suffering anymore . R.I.P graham you've earned it

Lots of love craig & nicola

So sorry to hear of your very sad news vicky and family.

Rip mr cooper

Bett and melissa

So sorry for your loss Vicky .Your grandad sounds a very special man and im sure he would be so proud of you for the lovely tribute you wrote xx

R.I.P Graham

So sorry Vicky and family for your loss Graham was a lovley man,

John & Fiona

RIP Mr Cooper, thinking of you and your family Vicky.

Vicky, we are so sorry to hear the loss of your Grandad, he was a lovely man. Are thoughts are with you and your family.

Barry and Carol

Wow, what a fitting tribute :thumbsup: If your grandad can read your post, I,m sure he'll have shed a tear, I know I did.

What a cracking grandaughter you've got Graham :thumbsup:

G & H

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back