The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Opinions On Colour Please!

julie123

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello all

After reading the thread earlier regarding fawn colours, its reignited my uncertainty about my Louie's colouring.

On Louie's papers it states silver & brindle with white trim, but im thinking now his 'silver' looks 'fawn'. Really unsure, would appreciate opinions please to end my doubt.

Thank you lots

Julie :unsure:

19th.jpg

19th1.jpg

IMO hes not silver brindle and is a parti colour :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
His marking's are very similiar to my K's and

she's down as a Parti :))

I would describe him as a brindle and white parti colour.

He is a very handsome chap

Hes almost the same colour as my Oscar....Yes Id say Brindle /Particolour... :wub: :wub: Gorgeous...

Last edited by a moderator:
julie123 said:
Hello allAfter reading the thread earlier regarding fawn colours, its reignited my uncertainty about my Louie's colouring.

On Louie's papers it states silver & brindle with white trim, but im thinking now his 'silver' looks 'fawn'. Really unsure, would appreciate opinions please to end my doubt. 

Thank you lots

Julie  :unsure:

My goodness, how did the breeder get the details wrong. I suppose it may be because it was the 1st time he had bred whippets, but im surprised he didnt do his homework!

Thanks guys, now i know.

Help appreciated as always.

Julie :))

I don't know...But my Bluebells Black and White...is that any help lol

About as much help as you ever are Clair :*

Louie is definitely brindle = he is fawn with stripes. There really are only 2 kinds of brindling and that is either full pigmented one or blue dilute, this refers to the colour of the stripes. If the stripes (and his mask) are black then he is full pigmented, if they are sort of gray he is blue brindle.

He could be then classified as either "particolour" or "white trim", as he is sort of borderline. Both these expressions refer of amount of white. True classic parti has a broken colour on the body, but then white trim should have more colour down the legs. So either one of these would be correct.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back