The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pet insurance

raffait

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Beware Liverpool Victoria Pet Insurance. If you have ever taken your dog abroad in the EC on a Pet Passport, they will invalidate any claim you make on your policy unless you can provide evidence in the form of a report from the EC Vet you used to get your dog's Tapeworm Treatment tablet, which you have to do under DEFRA conditions before you can take your dog back home to the UK. The Vet's stamp in your Pet Passport is not sufficient evidence, so you have to get a written, stamped and certified statement from the EC Vet you used of the treatment they gave and the health assessment they made of your dog, otherwise Liverpool Victoria will reject your claim. This has happened to me on the only claim I have made on my policy in 7 years, and I have had to lodge an official complaint with the Financial Services Ombudsman.

That is scandalous! Thank you so much for posting this warning.

I know that the small print of insurance policies often states that the dog must be vaccinated etc but I was not aware of this condition. I have travelled extensively with my dogs but have never had this happen to me. I had £4,000 worth of claims from Asda with a dog that had travelled all over Europe and was never asked anything to do with the wormer or vet check. Most vets omit the vet check as it is not a requirement of re entry to the UK. If you ask for it they look at you as though your are mad! They all think the Pet Passport scheme is bonkers anyway. I do not agree with them as we do not want those worms over here if we can help it.

I will post your warning on a Motor Home Forum that I belong to if you don't mind.

May I ask, is there any suspected connection between the trip abroad and the treatment that has led to your claim?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back