The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Question

tinabow

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
what age were your male dogs when they first cocked there leg

kitt is nearly 14 months and still stooping to wee

all my otheres were doing it by a year old

dont even stop to sniff when out road walking

just wondering is this normal

One of my pups cocked his leg from 6 weeks old :eek: ,yet Otto has only just occasionally started to lift his & he's 11 months old.So basically it depends on the dog :thumbsup:

Rocco doesn't cock his leg and is 13 months :b

I think Logan and Frankie were about 8 months. Diego is 6 months and no sign of him doing it yet; but he is a real baby :huggles:

Diesel was cocking his leg almost from when we first got him at 8 weeks, although he would balance himself against something. Albus on the other hand was just over one year old. Rebus shows no signs yet and squats.

Last edited by a moderator:
owen was cocking his leg at 14 weeks but Amos is 17 months and only cocks his occasionally, and usually by accident if he over balances :lol:

I don't have any male dogs but the dog along the road fro me still doesn't cock his leg and he is about 6 (w00t)

Irie sort of tries to do it but it's more of a sideways back twist than an actual leg cock :lol:

He will be 1 year old on 28th of this month :thumbsup:

I think leg cocking can be to do with how dominant in nature an animal is.

I fell in love with Alfie at the dog wardens holding pound when he came out in to a run to meet me, with loads of dogs screaming through the bars at him...and he squatted for a wee...he was about 9-12 months then...he doesn't cock his leg very often and is totally laid back and non dominant...

Bluebell though does cock her leg :wacko: :lol:

spirit was 14 weeks old when he cocked his leg,mind you he doesnt always aim right :- "

Star is 15 weeks old :wub: and cocked his leg twice last Thursday :thumbsup:

He hasn't done it since though :lol:

Blue will be two years old later this month and he doesn't cock his leg :D

bob is 15months and does a bit of both ......but one of my sisters boys is almost 4 and still squats :oops:

our milos 11 years old and never cocked his leg but he is a lady boy :lol:

can't remember the dogs-but I have 3 bitches that cock their legs

all mine differed from each other,kiplin was 12 weeks old and jacob was 14 weeks old but oliver, finley and noah was about 5 months old and even now them three will only cock their legs outside the garden :blink:

I don't know about Digit - he was already cocking when he got here at 8 months

Bloggs is 3 and squats like a girlie - but you all know what Bloggs is like, don't ever try to use him as a benchmark of what's normal! :wub: Bless my wibbly wobbly boy :wub:

Bens nearly two and still squats Stans 9mth and sems to have always cocked his leg :huggles:

Billy is 6 months now and its 50% leg cocking and 50% squatting: but when he cocks his leg his aim is rubbish and it ends up the back of his front legs :x :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back