The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

R I P Wee Echo

whatshappin

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I t is with sadnness I am posting this our poor wee girl bred by MAZDA with dam GYPSY sire CHUNKY needed to be put to sleep at only 6 months.She was doublrd mussled at less than 19 inches she weighed almost 39lbs The worst was the fits of yelping out in pain she rolled her eyes and did not know what was happening bless her and would give a distress bite not her fault she had a brillant wee personality funny and full micheif The vet clained in his opion it was a gene defect or inter bred Apperantly two of her litter brothes are small a mussled bound.

I'm really upset to be reading this. Did none of the advice that Jacqui gave you work in controlling the cramping?

Hi Sammy,

I am so,so sorry.I know how much you loved Echo,and to end up with the heartbreak is just awful.

She had a lovely life with you.

RIP Echo..

Amanda..x

Hi Sammy,we are very sorry to hear of the loss of such a young bitch, as the breeders of the sire Chunky we can definately confirm there is no interbreeding in him whatsoever. We have just rehomed two dog pups out of this litter as family pets, one weighing 29lbs and 23" and growing quite leggy the smaller one is 25lb and 20 1/2" strong but definately not musclebound. pm us if you need anymore info Les.

I'm really upset to be reading this. Did none of the advice that Jacqui gave you work in controlling the cramping?
Some of the advice worked abit but she would have no cramps for a while then maybe five or six through the night keepingus up and down all night Jaquie promised me alot more info but never came back to me The cramps we worked with but the fits did not start until she was about five months old she would actually crunch her jaw yelp lie on the ground and when she recovered she was dazed and frightened it was really sicking and distressing to watch 5mins later she was back to herself We were affaird to leave her unattend And affaird to let in the house with the child minder The vet thought it might be eplilesey And agreed the the quailty of live was limited for her and us .When we paid £200 for this wee dog out what was supposed to well bted race dog we did not expect to buy into a special needs dog We were affaird to pen the dog with the whippets or trust it around children.

Well I'm absolutely devastated. :(

I wish you'd of got in touch again or spoken to the breeders.

Rest In Peace Echo, I'm so sorry things have turned out the way they have for you, :'(

Some of the advice worked abit but she would have no cramps for a while then maybe five or six through the night keepingus up and down all night Jaquie promised me alot more info but never came back to me The cramps we worked with but the fits did not start until she was about five months old she would actually crunch her jaw yelp lie on the ground and when she recovered she was dazed and frightened it was really sicking and distressing to watch 5mins later she was back to herself We were affaird to leave her unattend And affaird to let in the house with the child minder The vet thought it might be eplilesey And agreed the the quailty of live was limited for her and us .When we paid £200 for this wee dog out what was supposed to well bted race dog we did not expect to buy into a special needs dog We were affaird to pen the dog with the whippets or trust it around children.
I know we had a lengthy chat on the phone (and your wife) where I'd suggested not only getting in contact with the breeder but also the stud dog owner to give you reassurances about Echo after all the derogatory remarks you'd had from racers in Ireland. If you was still having trouble why didn't you ring or contact the breeder like I'd said?

I know what's done is done and I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to make but I just feel your trying to blame the very people who would of done their upmost to help you. :(

Sorry to hear of your loss don't thing any body to blame I see few difference litters breed I see one my friend had out of greyhound to non ped racer it was like sausage dog another litter throws bull type I don't know answer to this but I'm sure breeders would breed if they thought they throw defects in pups but sorry you went through this experience hope you have better luck next time r I p little one

I t is with sadnness I am posting this our poor wee girl bred by MAZDA with dam GYPSY sire CHUNKY needed to be put to sleep at only 6 months.She was doublrd mussled at less than 19 inches she weighed almost 39lbs The worst was the fits of yelping out in pain she rolled her eyes and did not know what was happening bless her and would give a distress bite not her fault she had a brillant wee personality funny and full micheif The vet clained in his opion it was a gene defect or inter bred Apperantly two of her litter brothes are small a mussled bound.

Sammy, so sorry to hear this awful news. Pain free now little Echo beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

Hi Sammy,we are very sorry to hear of the loss of such a young bitch, as the breeders of the sire Chunky we can definately confirm there is no interbreeding in him whatsoever. We have just rehomed two dog pups out of this litter as family pets, one weighing 29lbs and 23" and growing quite leggy the smaller one is 25lb and 20 1/2" strong but definately not musclebound. pm us if you need anymore info Les.
pm with phone number sent

really sorry to read this it must have been so upsetting for you to see your pup in such pain R.I.P little one

sad news,rip echo.
Thank you all for your replies and thoughts

Les it was good to speak to you you had the curtisity to call unlike the persons John and Maria who bred the litter who still have not got the desency to get back to us.

sad news,rip echo.

Les it was good to speak to you you had the curtisity to call unlike the persons John and Maria who bred the litter who still have not got the desency to get back to us.
Sammy, shame on the breeders for not getting in touch with you. Unless there is a genuine reason for not contacting you they are a disgrace. Any genuine person would refund you the money you paid for the pup or make it up to you some other way. In my opinion they are poor representatives for the non-ped community. May sound like strong words but i believe it with my whole heart. Again if there's a genuine reason for them still not contacting you i'll take back my words.

Darren

Sammy, shame on the breeders for not getting in touch with you. Unless there is a genuine reason for not contacting you they are a disgrace. Any genuine person would refund you the money you paid for the pup or make it up to you some other way. In my opinion they are poor representatives for the non-ped community. May sound like strong words but i believe it with my whole heart. Again if there's a genuine reason for them still not contacting you i'll take back my words.

Darren

Thanks Darren agree 100% about the breeders they are lying low mate

Les who owns chunky phoned seems me a genuine bloke he was upset how bad things had gone for the wee dog and us most of the non peders I have met seem like good people who love their dogs and what the do .

sad news,rip echo.

Darren

Hi Sammy,

Les is a good mate of mine,i am glad you had a chat,he was gutted for you.

As you say,the actions of the breeders has not helped with the trauma you and Linda

have had to go through,sadly,some people have no Scruples.All your pals over here

send our love.

Amanda..x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back