The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Shows

Terry Smith

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi

Do any of you know if there are any shows on in the north of England w/end of 5/6 Oct, with a good whippet entry? Ideally within 50 or so miles from Leigh,Lancs.

TIA

Terry Smith

Sunday 6th October is South Yorkshire Whippet Club Ch show at Staveley which is just south of Sheffield.

Dog judge is Joanna Russel and Bitches is Roger Stock.

If you or anyone else wants a schedule just ask and I'll send you one.

Dawn

Thank's for the information Dawn. We will probably make that. Don't need a schedule we know our limitations. Only "champ" we ever enter is NCWC 'cos we're members there.

Terry Smith

I have no experience in showing dogs and would like to know the basics as I am very interested in showing one of my whippets. She is 25lb in weight and I think an absolute stunner.What do I need to know and what will be expected of us in the judging area? Can anyone advise please?From Karen Lancaster.

Hi Karen,  I would try to get to some open shows in your area just to see what goes on in the way of routine re showing.  If you are a novice good handling can make such a difference to the look of your dog.  Watch what the other handlers do, not so much what that particular judge is looking for, the next judge may look for something entirely different. Have you been to your local ringcraft?

If you want to know more about what the breed standard says your dog should look like then the Kennel Club breed standards for the hound group is the one to get, or the illustrated breed standard from the Whippet breed council.  I think Jessie Addison is still sec.  01254 878444.  Im sure you will get loads of help from this forum too.  Best thing to do though is to remember its a hobby and you always take te best dog home.

Hi Dawn,

Sorry to mess you about but I think we would like a schedule for SYWC. We'll put the old bruiser in vet. If we're spending all day there it will give us something to do.

Terry Smith

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back