The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Stardust Greyhounds

Lolcoe

Pink Knickered
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My greys have been lurking around K9 for a while and now they have their own section!!

I first got into Greyhound Racing at 14 on a trip to Yarmouth Stadium whilst on holiday. We got talking to a breeder, ended up at Walthamstow 2 weeks later owning a greyhound. At 18 i got my very own first Greyhound, Foxy Loxy, she was running in the Greyhound Derby a fortnight after buying her but only managed to get through 2 rounds, then went onto run in the then BBC TV Trophy.

Whilst in season she came home for a rest and whilst walking her around a park she slipped her lead and ran into fast city traffic. She will never be forgotten :huggles: another good one was Minnesota Girl who used to run at Nottingham.

A couple of years later i had 2 pups from Nick Savva in my possesion so with the other 2 i already had i aquired a license to race at Peterborough.

I left Leicester in 1999 and in 2002 i bought my now husband Terry (Skippy) a greyhound for his birthday,Milo, nothing special, but gave him a chance to get into the sport. His best win was probably the Retired Greyhound race last year at Westhoughton.

Last year we got Skippy who is doing well for us and will be (fingers crossed) racing NGRC in a short while.

Just before Christmas we got Skippys sister Nutter who we renamed Foxy as she reminded me of Foxy Loxy. We are intensively training her and hope to see her race in a few weeks.

Terry has mentioned to me about showing Greyhounds as i particularly love Windspiel Greyhounds so hey....watch this space!!! :cheers:

Terry with Milo left and Skippy right

View attachment 25387

and the new girl Foxy

Foxy.jpg

top pic - which would you rather have?

I'll take the two either side :- " ;)

Foxy looks lovely Dee, lovely markings :wub:

The one in the middle is well past his racing days and is enjoying his twilight years lounging around the house on the sofa :- " :lol:

Lolcoe said:
The one in the middle is well past his racing days and is enjoying his twilight years lounging around the house on the sofa :- "  :lol:
Free to good home eh :oops:

PMSL....never a truer word spoken Vicky :lol:

Looks like he is coming to Manchester before me so if you have a nice warm kennel spare??????? :- "

Lolcoe said:
PMSL....never a truer word spoken Vicky :lol: Looks like he is coming to Manchester before me so if you have a nice warm kennel spare??????? :- "

I have an unused one, sure i can stretch to a kennel coat and a bag of saw dust!

Im sat here waiting for Foxy coming home from the groomers. She needs to get used to as many people as she can to settle her nerves a bit and in one week she has successfully ran at the schooling track without bothering about people standing by the track. So she has gone for a day of pampering, the complete works (even the anal glands :x ) I have found that dogs behave a lot better at the groomers and make a complete liar out of me when i say that they wont let them touch them :- "

All are lovely but foxy is stunning. :teehee:

Back from the groomers

Groom1.jpg

Just smell me mum.....i am gorgeous, dont you agree?

Groom2.jpg

She came home fluffy after being shampoo/conditioned and turbo dried (How come i dont get this treatment? :- " )

Just found a couple of crappy pics of 2 old dogs.

(Remember this is when digital cameras were new (about 1999)

Bess

bess.jpg

Now over the bridge.

And Beauty (Boo) aka Bitterpark Tango

boo.jpg

I bought her as a very young pup and reared and schooled her myself, qualified for Peterborough but got injured after winning her very first race :(

Now living with my ex and is 11 years old and still lovely :wub:

Foxy had another spin around the schooling track tonight. Improved yet again - According to Haredriver she was 20 spots within grading :thumbsup: With a bit of luck this Girl should grade in at Gretna sooner rather then later :))

Skippy is having a couple of weeks rest as she has been badly drawn trap wise for a couple of weeks and has had a couple of hard knocks. Gonna get her thoroughly checked over before we run her again and concentrate on Foxy for a bit :thumbsup:

Foxy: Well, she's been here for 7 weeks. She has settled in nicely and has come out of her shell and is a lot less nervous, she sat in the car whilst it was being jet washed last week, not a flinch, now is THAT a nervous dog?!! She has put on a few pounds and is as good as gold. We've been working on her for about 4/5 weeks and as she was racing over in Ireland before we got her she had track craft, but just needed a major boost.

Tonight after her second time around Gretna, she qualified, and is ready to race with her sister :huggles:

Skippy was given the all clear to race on Sunday and had a good run around the schooling track, second time she ran with Diamond and Diamond whooped her coming out of the traps and to the first bend but Skippy soon gained speed and Diamond decided to take the short cut to the finish line :- "

Looks like they will both be going NGRC if all goes well. Terry will have to let them go, at least until the kennels are ready in the new house :thumbsup:

Not that Terry was feeling too peed off about losing the tipster comp......... :- "

Just rang me sounding completely shocked.................

[SIZE=14pt]Foxy has had her first win [/SIZE] :cheers:

Completely unexpected by Terry that he didnt even have a bet on her :angry: FOOL!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back