The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Waterproof trousers help!

Flobo

Registered
Partner
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I've been noodling around the internet looking for some reasonably priced waterproof, over trousers. I need something that can withstand being out in the rain for a few hours and that is also breathable, there's nothing worse than having damp trousers underneath the waterproofs! o_O
I've been looking at army/navy surplus as well as all the usual hiking outlets but now my brain is fried and I can't decide on what may or may not work for me...:confused:
Anyone got any recommendations, please? Gortex, waxed cotton or other...??

I got a full set off amazon
JCB - Workwear - Waterproof Workwear - Waterproof Two-Piece Rainsuit, D+AA - Black - Size

Thank you both! I actually opted for the waxed over trousers in the end, pretty happy with them, hard wearing, comfortable, warm and dry... without over heating too much underneath!:)

I was given as a gift, a pair of Barbour waxed over trousers about 30 years ago. I felt very enclosed and restricted in them and found them very hot, (they will keep you warm and dry ) and will last a long time.:)

I went the route of surplus military, although originally these were for wearing on my dirt bike in the rain! They are Gortex, Dutch paratrooper trousers and quite hard wearing. I've been off the bike in them many a time, and they just have one small hole in a knee. They doubled up as good waterproof trousers for dog walking, too ;) As I recall, they weren't that expensive, about £30 I think.

I looked at a lot of ex military waterproofs but couldn't decide between them and the waxed! I was unsure of the sizing on the military as I am an 8 (and not tall:rolleyes:) and I didn't want to get swamped in a pair too big with all the walking I do. The waxed I went for in the end were Hoggs and they are actually quite comfortable and not too thick or heavy, especially as I can be in them all day, depending on the weather...:)

I need to touch, feel and try on when buying to wear.
I do buy my waxed leggings online for the "Beating" season, they are not fashionable and most are one size fits all.
Good job that you have managed to get a pair of waxed trousers that are comfy. :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back