The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Weight Of A Whippet

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm surprised at some of the weights, I always thought English whippets were smaller than Aussie & US whippets but reading this they're not. My girls: Penny about 12.9kgs, Kibah 10.7 (she's too fat, should be about 10kg) Feather 9.3kgs, the boys Tag & Puck both about 17.3kg. All except Kibah are lean, about right I would say but to me the boys seem enormous & Penny is considered large for a bitch here. I am really surprised at Dessies whippets, I had imagined them to be much smaller, no offence meant Dessie. Actually I'm pleased really. Mine aren't such GIGANTORS after all.

Linda

Is there a thread on K9 about general weight of dogs please. I know all the breeders out thre will know what weight a whippet roughly should be.

I dont really weigh my dogs on a regular basis - (should I weigh more frequently) but was wondering what the general weight (please in lbs for me) Hubby weighed Oscar the other day and he is around 38-40 lbs (w00t) hes the biggest whippet Ive ever had. He is a year old now.

Just a bit of friendly advice really - thanks.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back