The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Farts????

andrea31

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Why oh why do whippet farts stink so bad??? :x :x I love my girls a whole lot, I love playing with them, walking them, feeding them, watching them sleep snuggled on my bed, and giving them treats.

BUT why do they have to repay me with such gut rotting, vomit inducing, nuclear strength farts :x :x :x :x ????

Its what your feeding them , feed them minced chicken and tripe with veg or rice or pasta and enjoy nice smelling solid poo's a pleasure to poop scoop.

could try charcoal tablets? she might be sensitive to her food. amber went to the next level after sampling pedigree complete pouches, starting from the silent and violent :x :x and ending with full blown squits for a week :x :x :x :x

needless to say, only a complete DRY diet from here on in! if only i'd known that ONE pouch could sink the entire household into deep misery (and trust me, EVERYONE suffered) that pouch would have been involved in an assault on the first pedigree chum representative i came across!

seriously, though, it might be worth keeping a food diary, recording what she's eaten, and how her guts reacted. within a couple of weeks, should she have a food intolerance of some kind, you'll be able to see a pattern and remove the source of irritation, hopefully leaving both of you much happier :D

I have fed many different types of food to many different whippets over the years and I have just resigned myself to the FACT that whippets are stinky farty bums! :x (w00t) :lol:

My Danes used to fart something awful :x , but I found giving them large dollop of natural yogurt (or acidophilus capsule) daily helps. None of my Whippets have ever had this problem though, and as I believe in giving a large variety of food, they have tried in one time or other. all the good quality dry food available. Charcoal tablets should help but I have heard somewhere it is not good for dogs (cannot see why????). In any case it would still be just masking the problem that your dogs are not digesting their food properly. Maybe feeding smaller portions? :luck:

Lida

So embarassing when your friends call round ...... :x :x ... Its the dogs - Honest :b

I can't say I've found it to be a problem either, in fact one of the things I like about whippets.

My uncle's Irish Setter used to stink to high heaven; all the house and upholstery used to stink, regardless of whether the dog was in the room. It was unbearable. My aunt fed her almost entirely on tinned steak or tinned salmon with mixer, I'm sure this wasn't a good idea. However most of the other gundogs I know are just as bad. :x

Ours only has a problem if he has an upset stomach, or has had a change in diet (usually when we've had a 'windfall' from the butchers and he ends up eating too much meat).

I have to agree TOTALLY with Andrea :thumbsup:

Our Whippets all fart something shocking :b sometimes you'd swear that something must've crawled up inside them & died........it's atrocious :x

I don't believe it's anything to do with food as ours are fed on Eukanuba & we have two Min Poodles too who are fed the same food & it does'nt affect them at all :blink:

Their food is very well digested & utilised as there is very little end product which is solid & does'nt smell :lol: they only go about 2 or 3 times a day so it's not a food related problem at all :thumbsup: They just IMO have stinky bums :b

I know loads of people who have this problem with whippets :wacko: you only have to go the Whippet ring at any show & stand beside one long enough to rove my point.........THEY STINK!! :x (w00t)

omg, it sounds terrifying. I don't have this problem either - and I'm jolly glad about it! My two might let out a sneaky one now and then, but hardly ever :sweating:

Have to say Helen think with mine its the sneaky portions of cat food they gobble up - on a daily basis if I dont catch them at it (w00t) :x

Andrea just a thought - you have cats too dont you - do they pinch the cats food ?? :eek:

Oh yes, we have cats, and more often than not, Mysti has had her head in one of the cats food bowls, and it tends to be Mysti that gases us out!!!! This could well be the reason. Might have to go on kitty food watch when the whippies are around, though the whippie girls are VERY adept at getting past, and robbing what they will lol.

Right, off to walk said girls, and see if we can get rid of some of the excess gas outside of the house, and not in the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you got a camera you can take on this walk haven"t seen any pics of Tascha for ages. :))

Paula Roberts said:
Have you got a camera you can take on this walk haven"t seen any pics of Tascha for ages. :))
ditto!! Pics please!

How amazing - so it might be cat food. Janis you are clever!

Dont think its the cat food ( sorry ) because all of mine have the same food AND all steal cat food :- " but the only one who FARTS is Montee :eek: , occasionally Woody does too , but 99-100 its Montee , apparentley his brother Punto is` good at it` too :- " :huggles:

Its just how they are made inside I suppose o:) ,Funny its only my boys that smell :oops: :huggles:

Paula, I will try and get some pics in the next few days, my camera is pretty old, and isn't good at taking action shots, and I kinda thought you had all got bored to tears of seeing Mysti and Tascha sitting around or sleeping lol.

JAX said:
Dont think its the cat food ( sorry ) because all of mine have the same food AND all steal cat food  :- "  but the only one who FARTS is Montee  :eek: , occasionally Woody does too , but 99-100 its Montee , apparentley his brother Punto is` good at it` too  :- "  :huggles: Its just how they are made inside I suppose  o:) ,Funny its only my boys that smell  :oops:   :huggles:

I've got 4 Whippets 2 are major Farter (w00t) s & 2 well only do loud squeaky non stinky varieties! :lol: & yep they all eat the same food. However, here it's 1 boy who does serious eggy/cabbage farts & 1 girl who does a very bad oniony/curry aroma!!!!!! :x :x :x

Never get bored of seeing whippie pics Andrea dosen"t matter what there doing be it running ,sitting walking or asleep just get some photos on. :cheers:

JAX said:
Dont think its the cat food ( sorry ) because all of mine have the same food AND all steal cat food  :- "  but the only one who FARTS is Montee  :eek: , occasionally Woody does too , but 99-100 its Montee , apparentley his brother Punto is` good at it` too  :- "  :huggles: Its just how they are made inside I suppose  o:) ,Funny its only my boys that smell  :oops:   :huggles:

might also depend on the brand Jaq too I suppose ... mine are on Felix - sometimes Kitekat and sometimes whiskers :lol: :lol:

do you think its Felix Farts then?? :oops:

Janimal said:
JAX said:

might also depend on the brand Jaq too I suppose ... mine are on Felix - sometimes Kitekat and sometimes whiskers :lol: :lol:

do you think its Felix Farts then?? :oops:

or Whiskas Whiffs :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back