The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Or Whippet X Found

Mark Roberts

The Ringmaster
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We've just had a phone call from our vet who is treating a fawn whippet who was involved in a Road Traffic Accident yesterday in Rochdale (near Tescos).

The whippet was taken in with a whippet collar on to be treated for it's injuries by the person who hit it.

our vets scanned it but it's not chipped and hasnt any ID on it's collar so theyve rung me to ask if i'll ask if anyones lost a fawn whippet yesterday in or around Rochdale/Heywood/Middleton/Oldham.

if not would anyone be interested in giving it a good home on the condition that should the owner come forward it would have to be given back, it's a small fawn whippet with a dark mask (might be 1 for Strikewhippets LOL).

if anyones interested please ring me on 07903 624876 as it's probably going to be staying with us till the owners found or a new/foster home can be found for it as the vets doesn't want it to go into the dogs home as its very freindly and looks like its been well looked after.

Last edited by a moderator:
its not one of mine I just counted :lol: hope the owners founs soon good for you for takeing it in till they show up hope its going to be ok. I quiet agree with the vet any muppet could end up with it from the dogs home

Hi Wendy,

The vets thinks it's a pedigree, only small though (but he's used to greyhounds) the nurse said its realy freindly so i've agreed to collect it tommorow (when we get the van back from the garage) i'll post pics tommorow.

i've notified lost dogs ect ect and hopefully the original owners will come forward if not then it will be looking for a perminant new home (and perspective home will be checked)

Hope the owners are found soon :luck:

Mark Roberts said:
Hi Wendy,
The vets thinks it's a pedigree, only small though (but he's used to greyhounds) the nurse said its realy freindly so i've agreed to collect it tommorow (when we get the van back from the garage) i'll post pics tommorow.

i've notified lost dogs ect ect and hopefully the original owners will come forward if not then it will be looking for a perminant new home (and perspective home will be checked)

I have posted details on the Whippet Forum so someone might see it there!

Will the vets put a poster up, and one in the Tesco's too?

Hope the owners are found - someone must be out of their mind with worry. :(

Well done Mark and Paula for helping a whippy in need.

Will the vets put a poster up,
theyve logged it with the police, dog warden ect ect but so far nobodys asked about one, we know p0eople who live on the estate were it was found so they will ask about as well.

Good luck :luck:

hope her owners come forward - or a new home found soon. :thumbsup:

Heres a few pics of our lodger, she's obviously used to traveling as she jumped straight in our van and lay down, she's very loving if a little bewilderd at the moment.

the plan is she will stay with us for 2 weeks to give her owner ample time to realise she's missing? then we've had a very kind offer from a member of K9 that they will foster her then find her a perminant loving home.

looking at her she is around 3-4 years old and looks like she may of had several litters.

if anyone is interested in giving her a perminant home please PM me for more details.

468295.jpg

468296.jpg

:wub: :wub: She's lovely - good luck in finding either her owner or a loving, forever home for her...she does look a little bewildered poor love but whoever is able to offer her a permanent home is a very lucky person - I just wish my inherited collie bitch was a little more sociable with other girls!! :wub:

Oh, she is so lovely :wub: , I am sure someone out there must be looking for her, she looks the spitting image of my boy. :wub: I do hope someone collects her soon, but well done for looking after her in the meantime. :luck: :huggles: :luck:

good luck to her,hope she finds a very special home :wub: :luck:

well done mark and paula :thumbsup:

were looking into somthing at the moment with the help of jue332 & pennymeadow she might be a bitch that was stolen over a year ago.

fingers crossed.

:thumbsup: I've sent the photo on to JR Whippet Rescue in case they know anything about her.

Mark Roberts said:
were looking into somthing at the moment with the help of jue332 & pennymeadow she might be a bitch that was stolen over a year ago.
fingers crossed.

I really hope she is that one :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: but I hope the she has just run off and its nothing sinister and that her owners come forward :luck: :luck: :luck:

Good Luck with your search Mark, she is lovely and such a nice type, I hope all is sorted out for her soon.

Jenny

[SIZE=21pt] :D IT'S JILL EVIES MUM :D [/SIZE]

She is now back home where she belongs after being missing for over a year.

This has made my day got a big smile on my face.

Thanks Mark and Paula for looking after her and returning her back home, a job well done :cheers: :thumbsup:

Thats fantastic, I wonder where she's been I wish she could tell us so we could pay the theives a visit :rant: :rant: :rant:

That has got to be fate that she ended up at Marks vets, she definatley has a guardian angel :huggles:

jue332 said:
[SIZE=21pt]  :D IT'S JILL EVIES MUM  :D [/SIZE]
She is now back home where she belongs after being missing for over a year.

This has made my day got a big smile on my face.

Thanks Mark and Paula for looking after her and returning her back home, a job well done  :cheers:   :thumbsup:

OMG I can't believe this, what a wonderful result :huggles: :thumbsup:

It's fantastic, and I don't think I'll stop smiling for a while :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back