The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Are Daffodils Toxic

saraquele

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
went out for a looonnnggg walk today with dogs and kids , kids picked some daffodils ( just the ones that were broken off as i never let them pick flowers )

they brought 3 home and elliot has eaten them :oops: but he has been really really sick :x

can anyone tell me if its his own stupid fault and now he has a tummy ache or am i off to the vets :- "

thank you :(

The bulbs are very toxic to dogs ...... but I'm not sure about the flowers, but if he has been sick I'd say keep an eye on him ...... :luck:

just rung the vet , waiting for them to call me back :b

the vet has just rung back , he is on his way back to the surgery now and is going to contact the poisons department ,, DOGS N KIDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dontcha just love em :rant:

Good luck Elliot :luck: :luck: fingers crossed....and toes and everything.

I looked this up at length when we got Monty, I'm afraid that my research in to daffodils listed them as potentially lethal :( As a result we cut down all the daffs in the garden this season. Still, so long as he's been sick and he's getting medical attention he's sure to be fine! :luck:

Hope poor Elliot recovers quickly. :luck: :luck:

im hoping because they wernt in his system long he will be fine :luck:

he seems a little perkier now its all out of him :sweating: and has just had a couple of biscuits :luck:

ok just got off phone from vet , the bulbs are highly toxic but the toxins that are in the buld are in the head and stem in a reduced concentration :blink:

so its highly unlikely that he will be too poorly from it :sweating:

i do not know if bliss ate some too but the vet said it could take up to 24 hours for her to be sick too :x

he said they may be drowsy tonight and i cant feed them , he isnt overly concerned as elliot hasnt been sick for an hour now but he is on call all night and if he is sick again ive to take him in , this is gonna be a long night :blink:

they had a 4 month old cocker spaniel who ate 24 heads , was sick loads then fine :blink: so fingers crossed :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh dear, only just seen this - hope everything's OK Sharon?

Gill

so far so good , fingers crossed , they have both been in the living room acting like goons :blink: they will come to bed with me tonight and i will keep you all posted :D

the flower eating puppies are just fine :sweating:

no more :x :x :x and both dogs have had a normal bowel movement this morning :b

both acting like normal fools :blink:

im at wotk this morning but luckily my eldest is off today so ive told her to ring me if any problems but im sure they will both be fine

many thanks for your replys etc last night :thumbsup:

Glad they are both ok :sweating: :sweating: :huggles: :huggles:

:sweating: Glad they're okay

Glad it all turned out well for Elliot :huggles: :luck: Im so relieved and bet you are too - pups whod have one eh?? :lol: :- "

Janimal said:
Glad it all turned out well for Elliot  :huggles:   :luck:   Im so relieved and bet you are too - pups whod have one eh?? :lol:   :- "

as you are hastily digging up all your daffodils so your new puppy wont eat them :- "

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back