The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Are Daffodils Toxic

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I hope the little florists are feeling better soon.

When I was in high school a friend and I picked some Jonquils (Daffodil Erlicheer) and inadvertantly put them on a classroom gas heater......the whole class was sick, a bit wobbly headed, but we all survived!

Meanwhile, I might do a bit of gardening in the morning, just in case, in the southern hemisphere we have a bit of warning about these problems, thanks to all of you northerners, so Thankyou!.

I've also heard that Lupins and Asiatic Lillies are very toxic....are there any othyer garden plants to add to my hit list? I've got my pruning shears ready!

I had to take out all of the daffodils out of our garden when our greyhound was alive as Jacques kept eating the flowers which made him very poorly.... he came out in a bruise like blood under the skin type of thing.. we took him to the vets who said it was the daffs after asking if he'd been around rat poison...

If you can keep your pups away from daffies!

Does anyone know if lavender flowers OK? I know they are supposed to be edible for people. Also Zuchini leaves (courgettes), my adult eats the leaves like a salad, but I was worried about the pup.

Michelle

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back