The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Missing Whippet

Mychaka

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Posting this missing whippet here due to most Australian members viewing Whippet Showing

Sally

White Whippet Female

SCAR ON CHEST, LARGE WHIPPET, FEMALE DESEXED

Other Details: LOST OR STOLEN FROM PONY CLUB AREA IN TOWNSVILLE, SHE MAY BE DISORIENTATED AS WE ARE NOT FROM THE AREA. HUGE REWARD FOR HER OR ANY INFORMATION THAT LEADS TO HER RETURN.

Last seen in TOWNSVILLE. PONY CLUB AREA TOWNSVILLE

Sally.jpg

After further talks with her distraught owner, Sally went missing in the Fairfield Waters area which has a lot of parkland and sporting complexes, unfortunately there is also a busy road going between the pony club and sporting fields. Her owner has to leave Townsville in the morning due to work commitments up the coast but have assured her that if she is found I will collect her and get Sally to her. Sally is a house dog and has never been left outside, she is microchipped and with her scar area it is quite noticeable due to lost of muscle area.

Please crosspost to anyone you know in this area so we can try and find Sally - I will be going out this afternoon with a couple of my dogs. unfortunately I'm at work at the moment.

Cristina

Thanks for helping out this way Christina. Good luck with finding this girl.

Fingers crossed she gets found safe and sound

Not a sign of her.

I walked through the horse paddocks yesterday checking undergrowth encase she was lying low, put flyers around the shops close by and at the nearest boarding kennels. Sent more flyers out to vets all over Townsville although the owner had phoned them all. I'm hoping she didn't go down to the river which is close by as there would most likely be croc's there as it close to the ocean so still salt water.

It just seems very strange no one has sighted her at all, I have a feeling someone has picked her up and have decided to keep her. It was the Ag show on the weekend so a lot of transent people coming and going through the city. Lucky we're not into much of a winter up this way yet so she shouldn't be too cold if she is still hiding out there.

I'll go to the pound tomorrow and take a walk through, there are not that reliable in letting you know over the phone of what they have there.

The poor owner had to leave Townsville today, I spoke to her yesterday and we both ended up in tears and this girl isn't even one of mine. I was hoping that we'd find her so I could reunited them when I go to the show in Ingham on Saturday, but there's still tomorrow.

Shall try and keep you updated

Cristina

:( so sad that shes not been found yet, its the not knowing thats the worse bit i think.....fingers crossd she turns up safe and well to be reunited with her owner :luck: :luck: :luck:

Hi guys

Ann just called me again to let me know that there is still no sighting or info about Sally the missing whippet - in the conversation she told me that the guy who runs the show society here put a ban on all dogs at the showgrounds so all the carnival people had to find alternative places for their dogs or they would not be allowed to set up, this is why Sally was lost so far away from her owners, which at shows they keep her inside their trailer while working.

The guy who runs the show society has been in a lot of trouble over the past couple of years with his bulling tactic's towards the carnival people with it becoming so bad that one year they set up all the rides and such at another venue over the same weekend as the Townsville Show.

So I've told Ann to use this to her advantage, I contacted the local newspaper and told them a little bit and they asked for her name and number to run a story on Sally going missing and the lead up to why - I knew once I mentioned the show society manager's bulling tactic's they would jump at the story. I then rang Ann back and she is willing to do what she can to get Sally back, she is also going to get some of the other people who were in the same boat as themselves get with her on this editorial. A few other dogs went missing as well with one guy going to the pound today to pick up his dog which has been located.

Hopefully with this publicity some word on Sally will be heard soon.

Cristina

Fingers crossed for some better news, do hope that she is found.

Good luck for tomorrow - hoping Miss Sally is found safe & sound :luck:

Great news guys,

Sally was found this morning, I just got to the show in Ingham this morning and received a phone call from Ann to say she was on her way back to Townsville as a lady had found Sally. I had put a flyer at McDonalds which is situated across the road from the pony club and one of the workers happened to be looking at the poster and Sally walked pass her, so she was able to pick her up and rang Ann straight away.

Was dying to let you all know but have only just got a chance to get to the computer after a long day showing.

I met Ann later in the day when she got back to the showgrounds we were at and then called in to see her and Sally. She is doing really well with just a cut on her back foot where she looks like she has caught it in something but looks like it will heal fine. Even though she has been missing for 9 days she doesn't seem to have lost much weight. She looked very pleased to be home and Ann couldn't wait to have a good night sleep knowing her baby is back beside her.

One luck old lady, thank you to all that forwarded on the info about Sally and kept their fingers crossed that she was found.

:D

Cristina

That is fantastic :p So heart warming to hear of the return after such a huge time away.... BRILLIANT!

Great news guys,
Sally was found this morning, I just got to the show in Ingham this morning and received a phone call from Ann to say she was on her way back to Townsville as a lady had found Sally. I had put a flyer at McDonalds which is situated across the road from the pony club and one of the workers happened to be looking at the poster and Sally walked pass her, so she was able to pick her up and rang Ann straight away.

Was dying to let you all know but have only just got a chance to get to the computer after a long day showing.

I met Ann later in the day when she got back to the showgrounds we were at and then called in to see her and Sally. She is doing really well with just a cut on her back foot where she looks like she has caught it in something but looks like it will heal fine. Even though she has been missing for 9 days she doesn't seem to have lost much weight. She looked very pleased to be home and Ann couldn't wait to have a good night sleep knowing her baby is back beside her.

One luck old lady, thank you to all that forwarded on the info about Sally and kept their fingers crossed that she was found.

:D

Cristina
Great news.

Bill

That's fantastic news Christina- it's so good to get a happy ending to one of these lost situations- gives hope to anyone when one goes missing. I did have to have a laugh about being found near the local McDonald's store though :D . Congrats on helping out this way- you'll have do do a short storyt in the next WCQ magazine.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back