The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy Champs

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
if it was voted in the surely it shud be done that way??? :wacko: i wasnt there last year so have no idea wot traps were used :wacko:

the BWRA have there own single traps so where are they

if it was voted in the surely it shud be done that way??? :wacko: i wasnt there last year so have no idea wot traps were used :wacko:

Sorry Andy not having ago at you .. but it was said at the bwra meeting last year by old hall committee that champs would be run out of straight fronted traps for the run offs almost a year later and only 4 straight fronted traps, (w00t) the fact that last year the bwra rules were not put in place at the puppy /yearling champs or at anyother bwra open at old hall really dont make it ok to do the same this year when members have said there not happy !! its up to the club hosting the event to make sure they adhere to the rules put in place by the members of the bwra...would old hall also let a 65lb dog run in the bwra champs or a bitch in season run where do you stop breaking the rule put in place ????

thought they bought a new set when Muriel was treasurer if not maybe they should as they now have a permanent venue where they can be stored, there's more than enough money to do so and everyone will be on a equal footing trapwise at BWRA Nat events

thought they bought a new set when Muriel was treasurer if not maybe they should as they now have a permanent venue where they can be stored, there's more than enough money to do so and everyone will be on a equal footing trapwise at BWRA Nat events
looking at the block traps they could do with new set of them too or new springs to bring them up quicker.

looking at the block traps they could do with new set of them too or new springs to bring them up quicker.
think its the fronts that are too heavy on the block traps hopefully they can have them sorted over the year too

Totally agree the Block traps are in need of replacement.

Fitting stronger springs is not the solution because the front doors of the traps already lift the whole block of traps up under the force. (refer to previous trapping piks at champs for evidence of this) It is the weight of the front doors that is the issue.

The other matter is the small space between each trap which simply isn't ample enough. It makes running on a generously wide track like Old Hall completely pointless if the dogs are coming out inches aways from each other.

I know there are lots of people who don't like the traps but think it would be time consuming and overkill to go through the rigmerole of a proposal. It would, I think be nice if the committee was allowed to use their initiative here without having to worry about the come backs of people querying the cost / justification etc but I feel the only way the committee will have the confidence is if we, the members support them over it.

permanent venue since when have they had a permanent venue.. where the champs is hold will be voted on like every year at the a.g.m :thumbsup:

The way I recalled the meeting was that the BWRA felt it would be beneficial to have the championships at a permanent track and for members to consider the matter. Any other track could be put forward for a vote in the future but Old Hall would be always available.

In other words we still have the choice but we also have the advantage of a good, decent track there for our use, no matter what. :thumbsup:

permanent venue since when have they had a permanent venue.. where the champs is hold will be voted on like every year at the a.g.m :thumbsup:
your right in what you say Yvonne it is voted on every year

I think it needs a permanent venue and I think its time us as members gave the committee the leeway to do their job

I.M.O

OLD HALL being a well established club has everything they need , a few lessons to be learnt regarding facilities this year which I'm sure have been taken on board by both BWRA and Old Hall committees and especially when all the refurbishments are completed it will be spot on

Sorry Andy not having ago at you .. but it was said at the bwra meeting last year by old hall committee that champs would be run out of straight fronted traps for the run offs almost a year later and only 4 straight fronted traps, (w00t) the fact that last year the bwra rules were not put in place at the puppy /yearling champs or at anyother bwra open at old hall really dont make it ok to do the same this year when members have said there not happy !! its up to the club hosting the event to make sure they adhere to the rules put in place by the members of the bwra...would old hall also let a 65lb dog run in the bwra champs or a bitch in season run where do you stop breaking the rule put in place ????

just had a phone call saying that this reads like i'm having ago at old hall club and making it personal .. i'm sorry if it reads that way its not meant that way at all my point is we as members vote rules in and like alot of members i dont agree with somethings voted in but have to adhere to rule ie the 55lb cap i dont agree with it .... but if a bwra open is put on at our club i cant just let 60/65 70lb dogs run because i dont agree with the rule hope this explains my point weather the traps were at anyother club rules were voted in and that club would have to stick to the bwra rules

your right in what you say Yvonne it is voted on every year

I think it needs a permanent venue and I think its time us as members gave the committee the leeway to do their job

I.M.O

OLD HALL being a well established club has everything they need , a few lessons to be learnt regarding facilities this year which I'm sure have been taken on board by both BWRA and Old Hall committees and especially when all the refurbishments are completed it will be spot on
think this needs a new topic starting

will just say the bwra is members run and should stay members run the committee only carry out what we the members vote in /out and should stay that way :thumbsup: I.M.O

the committee shuld also have the power to throw out stupid proposals (w00t)

the committee shuld also have the power to throw out stupid proposals (w00t)
the reps and the top table do have a meeting to talk about what proposals are workable if they are workable they have to go out to the membership for voting on

lol back on topic im sure oldhall could borrow a trap sorted ,dont bother me either way to be honest

Last edited by a moderator:
bloody hell, i only wanted to find out if i had to go for a couple of trials with the pups out of the curved traps, didnt wanna start a war lol :teehee:

THIS IS BLOODY MADNESS kim asked the question about traps no need to bring in bout letting 65 pound dogs run and bitches in season thats note to do with old hall at bwra events as for lending traps wheels on in motion if need be. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back