The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Seriously Ill Whippet - Can You Help?

me neither please try again :( Any more news on ellies condition

Here we go, it was too large but I think this should be ok now

Paul

Ellie.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Paul shes gorgeous what a sweet wee face. :wub: :wub: I really hope she feels better soon. :luck:

Her eyes look a lot like my Jillys :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
She is sooooo gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub:

How is she doing??? Does she seem brighter??

Vicki

Paul,

sorry to hear of Ellies illness.

The problem does sound as if it is late stage congestive heart failure, which is a symptom of failed aortic heart valves, whether by stenosis or incompetance.

The only satisafactory treatment for severe valvular damage is replacement of the damaged valve with a prosthetic one.

Whether such intrusive surgery is in the dogs interest is a matter of opinion as there are certainly going to be quality of life issues. I think you need to find out the chances of sucess for the operation, the length of time for recuperation and the expected life span of Ellie after the op and her expected quality of life.

Tony

She's such a lovely-looking girl. You must be having a horrible time at the moment. Congestive cardiac failure does fit with the 'filling up of lungs' that you mentioned before.

Best wishes.

Ellie is beautiful, georgous eyes :wub: :wub:

Good luck with her :luck: :luck:

Julie

Thank you again for your kind words of support. She is looking a lot better at the moment and she will be having further tests.

It is actually a leaking duct rather than a valve which I mistakingly entered on the opening text.

Will keep everyone upto date on Ellie

Paul

very sorry to hear about ellie :( i hope she will be ok

she is a lovely looking girl :wub: o:) :wub: o:) :wub: o:)

she looks a real sweetie, best of luck

fingers crossed for ellie :luck: :luck: :luck: :thumbsup:

Ellie is a beauty :wub: :wub: Good Luck :luck: :luck: from that photo you wouldnt think there was anything wrong with her - lets hope for a Full Recovery - my fingers and toes crossed too. :luck: :luck: :luck: :cheers:

Just a quick update.

Ellie is very down at the moment, she is off her food and being sick. She is currently still at the vets but the problem still cannot be found.

She has lost a lot of weight and we are hoping that a cause can be found quickly.

Will let you all know whats happening again soon.

Paul

Oh bless her,

Fingers crossed for you i lost my whippet recently due to her being poorly. Different problem to yours but know how hard it is for you all.

Good luck Ellie :huggles: :huggles:

Oh poor Ellie I really do hope she's feeling better soon :huggles:

Hope she is feeling a lot better now Paul.

Keep us updated on Ellie's preogress

All the best :luck:

Hope Ellies feeling better soon.

Julie

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back