The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Wcra Talk-in

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
cliff said:
-_- i think there should be four bends for the champs get some life back in to racing
cliff "the hot dogs" loves the bend racing, and the way hot pursuit was running the bend this year i can see the appeal (w00t)

Pity the closing date for items is past!! :(

We could have a Championships at Morton every weekend, with a different distance (ie start with a 10 yd dash and then add 10 yards until we run out of room). :lol: Then you would never have to worry about a bitch in season dates - because as soon as she was out of season there would be a championship.

Veteran Crowns at every other Championship - to give the Vets a rest. - alternate weeks. :blink:

No need for Rosette races as eveyone is bound to win one weekend.

At these rates you could leave issuing passports until a pup was 14 mouths old as there would be so many meetings not a problem if you missed the first 8 weeks of your pups running career.

The WCRA could start maiden racing during the weeks inbetween Vet racing - soon there would be no Maidens - so no problem with entry dates.

No need to change the Superstars rules over ads as there wont be any time for Opens - Think of the extra points your dog would win because the meetings are all Champs and not Opens. :blink:

WCRA could measure all entry weights and heights - unlikely to change in a week (time between Champs) but who knows? It would give then something to do!! :))

If there were more than 4 dogs in a weight group we could add extra groups until there are only 4 runners (ie 16.1lbs, 16.2lbs, 16.3lbs, etc). this would eliminate the need for extra races - I never liked heats or semis - the FINAL is the main thing.

I think with this all the points on the agenda will be addressed!! :lol:

Additional Thought!!

- if clubs wanted to race they could run mid-week :lol:

What do you think? :clown: Happy Christmas :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob Rixon said:
Pity the closing date for items is past!! :( We could have a Championships at Morton every weekend, with a different distance (ie start with a 10 yd dash and then add 10 yards until we run out of room).  :lol: Then you would never have to worry about a bitch in season dates - because as soon as she was out of season there would be a championship.

Veteran Crowns at every other Championship - to give the Vets a rest. - alternate weeks. :blink:

At these rates you could leave issuing passports until a pup was 14 mouths old as there would be so many meetings not a problem if you missed the first 8 weeks of your pups running career.

The WCRA could start maiden racing during the weeks inbetween Vet racing - soon there would be no Maidens - so no problem with entry dates.

No need to change the Superstars rules over ads as there wont be any time for Opens - Think of the extra points your dog would win because the meetings are all Champs and not Opens. :blink:

WCRA could measure all entry weights and heights - unlikely to change in a week (time between Champs) but who knows? It would give then something to do!! :))

If there were more than 4 dogs in a weight group we could add extra groups until there are only 4 runners (ie 16.1lbs, 16.2lbs, 16.3lbs, etc). this would eliminate the need for extra races - I never liked heats or semis - the FINAL is the main thing.

Additional Thought!!

I think you've started too early on the Christmas tipple Rob :lol: :cheers:

Rob Rixon said:
Pity the closing date for items is past!! :( We could have a Championships at Morton every weekend, with a different distance (ie start with a 10 yd dash and then add 10 yards until we run out of room).  :lol: Then you would never have to worry about a bitch in season dates - because as soon as she was out of season there would be a championship.

Additional Thought!!

take more water with it rob :lol: merry christmas

Rob Rixon said:

Additional Thought!!

fantastic idea :thumbsup:

i think someones been at the christmas sherry :- " :lol:

Just for those of you who haven’t seen a copy of the agenda it is as follows:-

1 Rosette Racing at Champs

2 Raising the min age for passports

3 Maiden Winners

4 Superstars points

5 Charity Trialing

6 DNA profiles

7 Height of whippets

8 Additional Champ weight groups

9 Dogs running back

10 Four Vet Champs

11 Different Champ Distances

If your interested the date is 31st Jan 09 at Oxford starting at 10:30

Lunch will be around 12.30 cost £6.50 needs to be pre-ordered

Now you will see why my suggestion above is so good :lol:

Agree to my proposal and we can take our time over the lunch :teehee:

I am open to suggestions on how it can be improved. :luck:

Here's a link to the agenda items and rationales behind them

TALK-IN

Its a pdf file and takes a minute or two to download so be patient.

Hi All (w00t) The talk-in will soon be upon us - again

Any body got any ideas for the agenda?

How about a longer straight ! :))

I've been reading a lot about racing over 100 years ago - it seemed that the normal straight distance was 200 yards.

How about the first Champs being a straight ! :eek:

With the winter months to consider - getting our dogs fit and the problems with finding a bend track at that time of the year. It would seem to me that we should start with a straight.

How about the return of Rosette races? :unsure:

We used to run this form of Consolation racing - if would give some of the less able runners a chance - not compulsery - only if you wish. At the very least it would give you two runs for your money.

How about 3 wins before your whippet is a Champion!

Would it be a step towards getting RCh added to pedigrees by the KC. :blink:

This is a chance for you to get something you feel is necessary heard. By the committee and discussed by the racers. 8)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back