The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Frozen Semen Litter In The Us

seaspot_run

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone,

I don't normally post my litter news here on this board as most of my dogs don't have any close relatives overseas, but I thought this might be of interest, especially to some of the Scandinavians because the sire has so many descendants up there.

I did a very risky, bad-odds frozen semen insemination of my strong brood bitch, Ch. Diablesse Surrey Hill Say Yaha, with 17 year old sperm from a deceased dog--Multi-SBIS Ch. Chelsea Drakkar of Oxford F.Ch. ROMX. "Drake" is the son of the Surrey Hill Foundation Sire, and I also owned his uncle, litterbrother to his dam. This is a breeding which really takes me back to our roots as a kennel.

They only gave it a 50-50 chance of conception at the repro clinic where I had the surgical implantation done, but I am so very happy to say that our efforts DID result in puppies!! Just two, on a bitch who would normally give me 10 from a live cover mating, but they are really really nice. One more open-marked lemon chiffon male and one dark gold fawn bitch with some black masking.

peazpupz.jpg

Welcome into the world, my little frozen pupsicles!

Karen Lee

Surrey Hill

Wow, [SIZE=21pt]HUGE CONGRATULATIONS [/SIZE] :cheers:

How very exciting, the pups look lovely, cant wait to see them up on their feet :wub:

Many congratulations :cheers: :cheers: , I cant wait to see these babies grow :wub: :wub: :wub:

wow congratulations :huggles: that must have been a very nervous wait to see if she had taken :sweating:

they look 2 smashing pups :wub:

Karen, these are such special babies for you. :wub: :wub:

I love the term frozen pupsicles, :p

Jenny

Wow this could mean that a really nice and popular dog could sire pups way after his life on earth. This has potential to for want of a better expresion' go back in time'.

I bet your are really pleased to get a result even if it is one of each.

CONGRATULATIONS :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You must be all on clouth 9.

Well I havn't had Deann at the phone, but will sure do so !!

Cannot wait to see them grow up

What an amazing litter of pupsicles - lovely looking pair :wub: :wub: against such odds - fascinating

Wow they look wonderful. :thumbsup:

:huggles: Very special little puppies. :huggles:

Pauline & Ruby

got to admit, I envy you, Drake is one of my all time favourites! The pups looks veery cute! They can't grow up to be anything else than gorgeous, right? :wub:

:wub: :wub: Congratulations of this awesome litter!

:cheers:

Best of luck with these little treasures, they are very special little pupsicles!

-Marina

I keep thinking about these two 'pupsicles' of yours Karen and am very excited for you, keep finding myself saying 'wow, that's terrific'.

Jenny

Wow- that is amazing

Congratulations & keep us posted with updates :thumbsup:

Yvonne

:huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
How thrilling for you :thumbsup: - a really special event :cheers:

How exciting, you must be sooo looking forward to watching them grow up :huggles:

Thank you for all the well-wishes!

This certainly was not a cheap breeding to do. But if even one of these guys turns out well for us, it will be money well spent. This is a gene pool I wanted to bring forward again. I have to admit there was a time I was very discouraged about it. a lot of money

Trivia fact #1: This is not the first time I've bred to Drakkar. The first time was in 1994. The product of that litter is my Sanibel, still hale and hearty at nearly 14!! My other young champion bitch, Maura, is a Drake great-granddaughter.

Trivia fact #2: It's been a good day for me. Not only my two puppies, but this morning, our yearling Pea son (co-owned by Scudder) "Butters" finished his AKC bench championship at a show in Pennsylvania.

Karen Lee

Congratulations :cheers:

Drakkar is on my list of favorite dogs and so it is good to see him siring another litter. I have also been considering using frozen semen, but was worried about the success rate in Whippets, this gives me little bit more confidence. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back