The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Egm

Doreen Hopkins

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have been in contact with all Regional Secretaries today to request that they pass on the following information to all their members and regional reps, as not everyone has access to K9.

An EGM has been arranged following the petition signed by some members of the of the BWRA to discuss the results of some of the proposals that the majority of our members voted for in November 2006.

The meeting will be held on Sunday April 22nd 2007 at Highgate Bend Stadium,

It will be in the bar but will only be serving tea, coffee, and sandwiches.

PLEASE NOTE THE STADIUM HAS REQUESTED THAT NO ONE ASKS FOR TRIALS

we are only invited there to hold our meeting.

Any registered BWRA member is entitled to attend this meeting, but it states in the BWRA rule book that at least 40 of the signees of the said petition must attend the meeting, if there are not the minimum number of signees at the meeting those particular issues WILL NOT BE DISCUSSED.

for and on behalf on the BWRA NATIONAL COMMITTEE

( Doreen )

Last edited by a moderator:
WHAT TIME WILL THE MEETING COMMENCE?

Ask a 'proper' question Geoff-

Are the tea, coffee and sandwiches complementary?

:D

Should i take that as a yes then ????

I like corned beef and pickle--please

and Steve likes cheese and onion please --- :cheers:

Weigh in for Manton Top Ten Open - 11.00 am :- " what can i say !!Thanks :wacko:

Karen-Coral said:
Should i take that as a yes then ????  I like corned beef and pickle--please

and Steve likes cheese and onion please --- :cheers:

Would you both like a packet of crisps as well

lol Doreen

Doreen, for the members and reps could you tell us precisely whats on this petition. thanks,

hellbound said:
Doreen, for the members and reps could you tell us precisely whats on this petition.  thanks,

I think that some of the reps are aware as to what is on the petition

as they have signed it, but for those members and reps who do not know it is as follows

Firstly they would like to see the postal ballot papers to verify the results

The first proposal that they wish to discuss is the pups being dog/bitch seperate

2nd proposal for discussion is dogs/bitches being at the traps 2 races before their

own

3rd proposal for discussion is about alternating the regional teams from

straights to bends on alternate years

4th proposal The format of the Jack Cadman, why has it been changed to 4 x weight groups

If any of the reps are going to attend the meeting please try to get the

the general feelings from your members so that you can speak on their behalf

and then we will have the points of view of the majority of the members hopefully

I hope this information is useful to all the reps and members

regards Doreen

It will have to held on the track, no disabled access at all ;)

Doreen Hopkins said:
hellbound said:
Doreen, for the members and reps could you tell us precisely whats on this petition.  thanks,

I think that some of the reps are aware as to what is on the petition

as they have signed it, but for those members and reps who do not know it is as follows

Firstly they would like to see the postal ballot papers to verify the results

The first proposal that they wish to discuss is the pups being dog/bitch seperate

2nd proposal for discussion is dogs/bitches being at the traps 2 races before their

own

3rd proposal for discussion is about alternating the regional teams from

straights to bends on alternate years

4th proposal The format of the Jack Cadman, why has it been changed to 4 x weight groups

If any of the reps are going to attend the meeting please try to get the

the general feelings from your members so that you can speak on their behalf

and then we will have the points of view of the majority of the members hopefully

I hope this information is useful to all the reps and members

regards Doreen

thanks for that, and will try to talk to as many members as poss before the meeting, from my point of view its a waste of time,

The strong impression I got when speaking to Southern Region members was that it was an insult to the BWRA Committee to question their honesty with regard to counting the papers of those members who took the time and trouble to send back their proposal forms. It's about time new proposals were done away with it would save a lot of time, trouble and expense, how much is it going to cost members even if they could be bothered to attend, the last extroadinary EGM I attended was a disgrace and I can't see this one being any different.

I fully agree with the last two postings. What a waste of time and money and more work for the already hard working committee to deal with.

The proposals in question should stand as in a fair postal vote but regarding the teams, why not wait until next year, this year is the same as past years and the new proposal does not come into effect until next yer.

Most people I know are already hovering around the traps at least 2 races before their own.

The pups were already altered this year by the committee, I bit premature I think and should have been kept as the proposal

Jack Cadman it seems has already been altered 2 or 3 times and would not have hurt anyone this year and for the members to vote again next year.

So in my opinion the whole thing is a shambles and originated to give the BWRA committee more trouble. I cannot think how people can be so idiotic as to ask for this EGM

sadieandco said:
Weigh in for Manton Top Ten Open - 11.00 am  :- "  what can i say !!Thanks  :wacko:
Don't worry Karen we'll be there to help with MANTON WRC Top Ten Open on the 22nd April 2007 we'll put the gang in for a run and do jobs if needed.

P.S Karen Boyd - Corned Beef and Pickle sandwiches YUK !!! We're gonna eat all the pies at Manton :oops: .

Thanks Elise - at least we'll have a couple of races then all your dogs and ours ;) See you there :D

The EGM could of been held at Manton, no one would miss out on the pies. And and the dogs would be happy

Never mind i'm not getting into a 'cat fight' or should that be 'dog fight' of when or where the EGM should be held or whether it should or should not be held even - just seems that all talk of people working together for clubs etc and 'whippet racing' as a whole some how is already falling short of that which is a shame.

The Open will go ahead as normal and who ever attends will have the chance of winning a Top Ten Open and if they dont they wont simple :D :D

sadieandco said:
Never mind i'm not getting into a 'cat fight' or should that be 'dog fight' of when or where the EGM should be held or whether it should or should not be held even - just seems that all talk of people working together for clubs etc and 'whippet racing' as a whole some how is already falling short of that which is a shame.
The Open will go ahead as normal and who ever attends will have the chance of winning a Top Ten Open and if they dont they wont simple  :D   :D

Hi Doreen here, I thought I should contact you on behalf of the BWRA committee.

When the petition was received the rules state that we must arrange a meeting

within at least 28 days , we looked through the racing calender, and the only free dates with no opens at all was in September, this obviously was not suitable.

When we tried to arrange a date we were aware that it would affect some club open and that is why we stated in the news letter that was handed out that we apologised to any club that it would affect.

I hope you understand that we would not deliberately arrange anything to clash with any club, as you say it's difficult enough to keep racers interested without

having to contend with outside influences.

Once again on behalf of the BWRA I apologise to you and your members at Manton

yours sincerely Doreen ( BWRA SEC )

It must be said thank goodness most of our Scottish members do have the internet for our B.W.R.A. secretary still hasnt recieved a phone call, never mind perhaps we were just overlooked.

Val

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back