The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Egm

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sheila,

Im not having a dig at anybody but the commitee is there to see that the members wishes are carried out democraticley.

If they are not prepared to do this they shouldnt be doing the job.

I dont see the problem, it isnt costing them anything, only their time,where as the members who travel to the meeting are only interested in the sport not declining any further than it is now.[plus they have their own travelling expences to fork out].

The Jack Cadmean has always been 2 through in each heat for the last 30yrs or more. Why change it because it is taking too long to run.

It has always been one of the top classic events in the racing calender & should be kept as it was originally.

Actually John, I am not bothered either way, it's the same as the A,B,C,D,E racing being in conjunction with the Puppy and Yearling Championships, even more so with the Jack Cadman as it is held so late in the year for the members running the event. The Lord Byrone and the Jack Cadman are both six hours away from the Southern members with the weigh in until 11 a.m. their is no chance of any of us attending so it really dosen't make any odds what is held on the day.

You have mentioned racing being on the decline, I wonder why?

Last edited by a moderator:
hellbound said:
this meeting should be advertised in w/news , those without the internet may not know about it. I know that is how it is ment to be done. It would mean having it a couple of weeks later but then no one could say thay were not informed. Trying to phone every member in each region is an impossible task for the clubs sec/chairman.And it could be held at Old hall where everyone can get to.

if not then Manton im sure would be better than Highgate.

When the petition was received the rules state that we must arrange a meeting

within at least 28 days , we looked through the racing calender, and the only free dates with no opens at all was in September, this obviously was not suitable.

its up to the commitee to find and say where this meeting is held, if the members who  signed can't be bothered to put themself out to attend the egm  they should not have put there name to it, or maybe the people getting this petition together should have made it clear if they signed they must attend the egm

you mean like we did over the kick board saga you have a short memory :- "

mutley said:
hellbound said:
this meeting should be advertised in w/news , those without the internet may not know about it. I know that is how it is ment to be done. It would mean having it a couple of weeks later but then no one could say thay were not informed. Trying to phone every member in each region is an impossible task for the clubs sec/chairman.And it could be held at Old hall where everyone can get to.

if not then Manton im sure would be better than Highgate.

When the petition was received the rules state that we must arrange a meeting

within at least 28 days , we looked through the racing calender, and the only free dates with no opens at all was in September, this obviously was not suitable.

its up to the commitee to find and say where this meeting is held, if the members who  signed can't be bothered to put themself out to attend the egm  they should not have put there name to it, or maybe the people getting this petition together should have made it clear if they signed they must attend the egm

you mean like we did over the kick board saga you have a short memory :- "

think its you with the short memory ( been waiting for you to bring this up, ) :oops:

the kickboard ban was put in place after a members vote AT THE A.G.M, and no postal vote wentout to the members, this went against the rule;s members had a right to a postal vote THIS WAS THE REASON FOR THE E.G.M and when the proposal to ban kickboards wentout to a postal vote it went against kickboards being ban, :)

for you and anyone else who can't see the difference THE PORPOSALS WENTOUT TO THE MEMBERS AND THE VOTE CAME BACK TO CHANGE THE FORMAT, end of :wacko:

Im not having a dig at anybody but the commitee is there to see that the members wishes are carried out democraticley.

If they are not prepared to do this they shouldnt be doing the job.

:wacko: so your say they should'nt have the .e.g.m :oops:

the members have voted in a democratic way on the proposals sent out

:wacko: AND YOUR CALLING THE E.G.M because the committee want to carryout the wishes of the democratic vote :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: that makes sense WHO TO IM NOT SURE :- "

i personally couldn,t give a dam about any meeting as i never signed any petition or will do, as all i want to do is race my dogs, it seems what will be will be

debbie

Hellbound,why dont you shut your trap & like suzie said its about as big as your ********.

I think shes right because a load of s**** comes out of it.

debbie said:
i personally couldn,t give a dam about any meeting as i never signed any petition or will do, as all i want to do is race my dogs, it seems what will be will be
                    debbie

Thats an unfair comment dot lol ...seems some members are not happy with present situations so they what a meeting, do think it could of been along side the open ...seems silly members are going to miss out on racing there dogs

I personally believe the annual BWRA AGM should be held at a weekend event...then most members and regional reps would be present .. and all views could be aired out also save on extra fuel money for those that cannot afford it at the end of the year

i also havnt signed a petition not since the one trying to get rid of you drugbound :oops:

:- " oh please, please don't call me name's, :- " it really hurts so very much, o:) thats it im going to ask that you don't go out at play time :p :p :p

Doreen Hopkins said:
I have been in contact with all Regional Secretaries today to request that they pass on the following information to all their members and regional reps, as not everyone has access to K9.
An EGM has been arranged following the petition signed by some members of the  of the BWRA to discuss the results of some of the proposals that the majority of our members voted for  in November 2006.

The meeting will be held on Sunday April 22nd 2007 at Highgate Bend Stadium,

It will be in the bar but will only be serving tea, coffee, and sandwiches.

PLEASE NOTE THE STADIUM HAS REQUESTED THAT NO ONE ASKS FOR TRIALS

we are only invited there to hold our meeting.

Any registered BWRA member is entitled to attend this meeting, but it states in the BWRA rule book that at least 40 of the signees of the said petition must attend the meeting, if there are not the minimum number of signees at the meeting those particular issues WILL NOT BE DISCUSSED.

for and on behalf on the BWRA NATIONAL COMMITTEE

( Doreen )

Just a reminder that its this week end coming, It was short notice not 28 days or put in w.news as it should of been, so I do know some cant be there. Those who do not drive or cant drive that distance could try and get a lift with someone.

the rule is that the bwra committee have to hold the egm within 28 days, off receiving the petition the only way to do that is to inform the regional secretaries, i have looked in my bwra rule book and can't find anything about " it should go in the whippet news", ?? if members cant get to a egm for whatever reason they should not have signed it :wacko:

Manton Top Ten She Brave Open - Weigh in till 11.00 am

:blink: Sorry wrong topic - but same date :b

sadieandco said:
Manton Top Ten She Brave Open - Weigh in till 11.00 am
:blink: Sorry wrong topic - but same date  :b

hey karen whats this free advertising :thumbsup: :) good luck with your open hope you get lots there :thumbsup:

rule 22 ...An extraordinary General Meeting can be called on the signed request of 50 registered members, but at not less then 1 months notice. 40 of signees to attend.

If people did sign they should attend ... members should not be just adding there names to things with out taken into consideration the consequences of there actions...and if they did sign it they are fully aware of what its all about

Still think it shouldn't be on the same date as an open lets hope it doesn't affect the turn out to badly ...

spot on Dee, it reads not less than 28 days.

Good luck with your open Karen :luck:

Dont forget if you signed the petition it is important that you go to the meeting. If you know anyone with out a pc then please remind them.

Karen-Coral said:
Ask a 'proper' question Geoff-Are the tea, coffee and sandwiches complementary?

:D

Thanks Steve but unfortunately tea, coffe and sandwiches won't be complimentary will be a small charge :lol: :lol:

SORRY BUT I WILL NOT BE THERE IT IS 512 MILES ROUND TRIP

TO FAR FOR ME WHEN I CANT EVEN RUN A DOG

BUT GOOD LUCK ANY

GARY

Hi Gary

In a bit of a turnmoil here have just recieved the new B.W R A petition and your name and signature is on it signature 22 G Bailey signature 23 is L Y Bailey are you aware this is on here or what?? It does say Neton Aycliffe as your club

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back