The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Egm

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
That's ok Val, we're down here on the E Mids/S Yorks Regional borders and when the newsletter came out at the champs about an EGM all we could find to say was ... "what petition, we've not heard about a petition let alone seen one" :- "

tanglewood said:
It must be said thank goodness most of our Scottish members do have the internet for our B.W.R.A. secretary still hasnt recieved a phone call, never mind perhaps we were just overlooked.
Val

Val, I have just had a telephone call from Muriel ( BWRA treasurer ) telling me about your posting, I accept full responsibility for not contacting your regional secretary, I assumed ( wrongly perhaps ) that because the meeting was so

far away from your region that it would not be a viable option for any of you to travel that far for a meeting, please can you confirm if George is still the

regional secretary and can I have the names of your reps.

Once again I apologise for not keeping your region informed.

regards Doreen

Doreen,

Thanks for replying to my previous post, yes the meeting is very far for most of our members to attend, as are all the National Meetings. However as long as they are B.W.R.A. members it is still important for them to be informed and to decide for themselves whether they will attend or not.

George at the moment is still Scottish Secretary

Our reps names I am sure have been forwarded to you, however if you do not have them I can ask Janine to e-mail you with their details

Val

tanglewood said:
Doreen,
Thanks for replying to my previous post, yes the meeting is very far for most of our members to attend, as are all the National Meetings. However as long as they are B.W.R.A. members it is still important for them to be informed and to decide for themselves whether they will attend or not.

George at the moment is still Scottish Secretary

Our reps names I am sure have been forwarded to you, however if you do not have them I can ask Janine to e-mail you with their details

Val

If Janine could e-mail them to me that would be very helpful so that I know that I have a recent update of names.

Doreen

a meeting would not be needed if people had voted correctly in the first place :angry:

Good job i've got the internet in. Still not been told anything of anyone else about this. I'll see the members of Dawdon who are in the BWRA and tell them what is going on.

as someone has already said , could the meeting not be held at manton as it is very close to highgate, therefore all members present would not miss the opportunity of racing in a top ten event, and travel wise is the same

debbie

debbie said:
as someone has already said , could the meeting not be held at manton as it is very close to highgate, therefore all members present would not miss the opportunity of racing in a top ten event, and travel wise is the same
      debbie

makes good sence to me Debbie.

may be if they had turned up to the A.G.M :oops: there would be no need for the E.G.M., :thumbsup: or better still send back there voting slip's, :eek:

Just had a look on the official bwra site and it would seem that there is a new stadium called Highfield---sure that will confuse some people to start with _______

steve

you sound a bit like the illusive springer :oops: hellbound

I agree the EGM could have been held at Manton possibly 10am and maybe Manton could have a later weigh in

otherwise on a Saturday where it doesn't affect any club that has an open on

:( this meeting should be advertised in w/news , those without the internet may not know about it. I know that is how it is ment to be done. It would mean having it a couple of weeks later but then no one could say thay were not informed. Trying to phone every member in each region is an impossible task for the clubs sec/chairman.

And it could be held at Old hall where everyone can get to.

if not then Manton im sure would be better than Highgate.

Last edited by a moderator:
There shoud not even be a meeting extroadinary EGM means exactly that not overturning proposals that members have voted on, do you really expect Doreen and the rest of the Committee to get up at the crack of dawn to accommodate you.

aw006m7593 said:
There shoud not even be a meeting extroadinary EGM means exactly that not overturning proposals that members have voted on, do you really expect Doreen and the rest of the Committee to get up at the crack of dawn to accommodate you.
I beg your pardon are you talking to me ?

The committee are in place to deal with any problems the members have. Thay are not the only ones who get up at the crack of dawn to support the BWRA but we dont all complain about it. If we didnt want to race we wouldnt full stop. IMO Highgate was picked to prevent alot of members going at short notice. An EOAGM should be advertised in whippet news.

tanyia said:
aw006m7593 said:

The committee are in place to deal with any problems the members have. Thay are not the only ones who get up at the crack of dawn to support the BWRA but we dont all complain about it. If we didnt want to race we wouldnt full stop. IMO Highgate was picked to prevent alot of members going at short notice. An EOAGM should be advertised in whippet news.

hear! hear! Pauline if they followed the correct procedures in the first place none of this would be neccessary

weathergirls said:
tanyia said:
aw006m7593 said:

hear! hear! Pauline if they followed the correct procedures in the first place none of this would be neccessary

Very true Linda and at the end of the day all the members want is what thay feel best for the future of racing.

the members that bothered to send there voting slips back followed the correct procedurer just like when the format was changed the last time under a postal vote,

all the members want is for the proposals they have voted on to be up held for this year

and if i have anything to say i say it under HELLBOUND, you may have notice that

Last edited by a moderator:
this meeting should be advertised in w/news , those without the internet may not know about it. I know that is how it is ment to be done. It would mean having it a couple of weeks later but then no one could say thay were not informed. Trying to phone every member in each region is an impossible task for the clubs sec/chairman.

And it could be held at Old hall where everyone can get to.

if not then Manton im sure would be better than Highgate.

When the petition was received the rules state that we must arrange a meeting

within at least 28 days , we looked through the racing calender, and the only free dates with no opens at all was in September, this obviously was not suitable.

its up to the commitee to find and say where this meeting is held, if the members who signed can't be bothered to put themself out to attend the egm they should not have put there name to it, or maybe the people getting this petition together should have made it clear if they signed they must attend the egm

aw006m7593 said:

Quote-Do you really expect Doreen and the rest of the committee to get up at the crack of dawn to accommodate you?

Oh god-! No thank you....that would really be above and beyond the call of duty...LOL

Behave yourself-Sheila :clown: (You lot down south-what u like-?)

We want complimentary sandwiches though if we attend!

Karen

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back