The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Superleague Consolation

weathergirls

N.N.W.R.F. CHAIRPERSON
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
along side the SUPERLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS there will be the SUPERLEAGUE CONSOLATION for TOP TEN POINTS open to dogs not having qualified anyone interested in donating trophies please let us know

trying to sort out a different racing format than the usual 4 classes any good suggestions from members please put them forward and the committee will discuss them

Why not have a open where you go weigh in draw a colour and just run-- soon as you have five dogs your first race is sorted -- only would need five colours red/ blue/ white/ black/ orange--and races would sort themselves out ----with whatever the weight of dog you come up against ---no weight classes at all just 32lb limit half yard a lb /or 2ft per lb that would give some different winners dogs and bitches seperate or all in with sex allowance---would save time sorting and be more open --- also seeding needs to be stopped i think you should get whatever trap you draw if dogs interfere chuck em out ---that should promote some discussion---

steve

Don't believe in sex allowance dogs are as fast as bitch's now .... good idea Steve but the nnwrf run to the limit of 35lb ...maybe upto 25lb and upto 35lb

Maybe we could introduce some pedigree racing along side this event ...i know some of our members have pedigree dogs

Still possible even at 35lb top end---at half yard---just give some others a chance to win makes for better racing also less injuries the closer the finishes

steve

you should be able to seed dogs it allows for CLEANER races in my opinion :D

simpson said:
Well it would if people only seeded dogs that actually needed seeding. Far too many dogs are seeeded just so they don't have to run out of the middle box's. The number of true wide runners that are interferred with by dogs that don't need seeding is making the whole seeding system a farce. You end up having to seed a dog as extra extra extra extra wide just get the other side of a dog that's seeded extra extra wide but in reality runs straight.

Tony Taylor said:
simpson said:
Well it would if people only seeded dogs that actually needed seeding. Far too many dogs are seeeded just so they don't have to run out of the middle box's. The number of true wide runners that are interferred with by dogs that don't need seeding is making the whole seeding system a farce. You end up having to seed a dog as extra extra extra extra wide just get the other side of a dog that's seeded extra extra wide but in reality runs straight.

A lot of truth in what you say Tony, BUT, why should known wide runners and known railers find themselves on the wrong side of the track?. Asking for trouble, just because of the idiots in the game.

What has just been said sort of proves my point dogs are seeded when there is no reason for them to be !!!!

that statement is very true ---and all the left hand runners should run together

----along with all the right hand runners they should run together -------

and that would leave all the ones that run straight to have a un interrupted race for a change with no need for them to be seeded---PERFECT !!!!

Lure dogs should follow the lure that is the idea ----surely ---

if it goes right dogs should go right also---------------

if it goes left then they should go left ----

they do follow the lure when bend racing or we would have some injuries ----eh???

maybe some people should spend more time training before running --just my opinion

steve

steve

As regards Seeding no matter how much training you give some dog/bitch it will always either run left or right.

From personal experience we have had dogs/bitches that have run straight up the middle of the track, others ran left or right. What we have found was the bitches that ran to the right on the straights ran wide on the bends and the others that ran left on the straights railed on the bends. This may have been a conincidence but it was a fact. Therefore, our dogs/bitches were "true" seeders unlike a lot of other people who seed their dogs in order to get the outside traps.

Take the last litter we bred from R.Sc.Ch. Saxon Honey - who was a righthanded runner straights and wide on the bends - she had 5 off-springs, 2 were righthand runners and 2 left and only one did not need to be seeded.

IMO there should be a steward on the track marking the card to decide whether a dog/bitch is a "genuine seeded" dog/bitch that way it may stop people seeding dogs that should not be seeded.

If done honestly and correctly seeding is a good thing and does make for safer/fairer racing. :thumbsup:

i have a genuine right hand runner bally spot. but must agree a lot of seeded dogs are not right or left hand runners the owners dont like being in the middle for some reason :( i wish none of mine needed seeding but some dogs simply have to be :- "

quotes

As regards Seeding no matter how much training you give some dog/bitch it will always either run left or right.

IMO there should be a steward on the track marking the card to decide whether a dog/bitch is a "genuine seeded" dog/bitch that way it may stop people seeding dogs that should not be seeded.

If done honestly and correctly seeding is a good thing and does make for safer/fairer racing.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

sad.gif i wish none of mine needed seeding but some dogs simply have to be whistling.gif

The thought of a steward deciding what dog needs what--- is a joke

they have trouble getting most decisions right to suit everyone now ----- :oops:

I for one would sooner finish with whippet racing all together rather than have some one unqualified --tell me which of my dogs need anything at all------ :rant:

so like i said put all right hand side runners in same race :thumbsup:

all the left hand side runners in same race :thumbsup:

all the straight runner is the same race :thumbsup:

what you would be left with would suit every one for the final ----thats a first :oops:

a left hand runner

a right hand runner

a dog that would chase the lure wherever it was to go---- :D

The fact some dogs need seeding may be correct

---no one disputing that fact ---my point is that the true lure chasing dogs should not have to be penalised as a result of this ---traps used to be drawn for before seeding was ever thought of---a fairer way by far ---

why should there be preferential treatment for some????and not others we are not stupid the middle traps are not a trap of choice for the majority---

maybe if the traps were spread out with a larger gap between them it would help to make things a little fairer and give the middle dogs more of an equal run without getting wiped out from either side as soon as they trap----

i know this is not on topic ---sorry

maybe another thread on seeding or just race improvements could be started with sugestions???

this is Steve not Karen

Karen-Coralso like i said put all right hand side runners in same race 

all the left hand side runners in same race 

all the straight runner is the same race
I seen this happen at bwra straights last year 1 race 4 right hand runners...result of race rerun with one of the dogs disqualified for interferring....the dog in question was wrongly thrown out of the race...he came out of the traps (think he was in the blue) and went straight to the right bumping other dogs that were at the right hand side of him....in my eyes costing the dog in question a crack at its rch...

Not disputing that its not a bad idea and i hear where you are coming form but would it work...not to mention the extra time it would take to do the draw and get a program out

back to the topic

anyone like to donate trophies for the SUPERLEAGUE CONSOLATION bend and straight

did u actually say sorry somewhere in your post there mr Boyd :p :oops: :p :p

Yes Gary I did...

It's spelt -S O R R Y ..............lol

Quite easy to spot...if you take your time.

Steve :clown:

C U NEXT TUESDAY! pal

ill sponsor a throphy linda for rch sup nch short spot :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back