The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Superleague Consolation

HI DEE AND GARY IWILL SPONSOR THE NO LIMIT CONS MR BLUE OPEN ON STRAIGHTS ALSO THE 40 LB BETTY HORNER TOUCH OF VELVET OPEN ON STRAIGHTS THANKS JOHN GILL OXLODGE

SOLANO said:
HI DEE AND GARY  IWILL SPONSOR THE NO LIMIT CONS MR BLUE OPEN ON STRAIGHTS ALSO THE 40 LB BETTY HORNER TOUCH OF VELVET OPEN ON STRAIGHTS THANKS JOHN GILL OXLODGE
you trying to give me a heart attack john :lol:

that's not me by the way, :lol:

english language eh! : :- "

hope u get your trophies ,but back to the not seeding sorry i know off topic a bit. steve boyd said put all the left hand runners in together.. well this wud sort out who was actually a true left hand runner like our own whisper whizz and he was fully trained b4 he raced ive got no idea why he goes to the left but he does. mickey whizz used to love the middle box. what does really get me and shud b looked @ is when people seed their dogs one week left one week right, fair enuf when they 1st start racing and u may b unsure of the side they prefer but when they r racing all the time and one open its left hand then next open its right hand runner this imo isnt fair so something shud b done then to stop it. wot i dont know lol

Injury can cause a dog to change sides or favor a side through its racing career

the bwra general rule 6 says once a dog is seeded it cannot be changed all season

spot on carole some do abuse seeding swaping and changing its wrong

I seen this happen at bwra straights last year 1 race 4 right hand runners...result of race rerun with one of the dogs disqualified for interferring....the dog in question was wrongly thrown out of the race...he came out of the traps (think he was in the blue) and went straight to the right bumping other dogs that were at the right hand side of him....in my eyes costing the dog in question a crack at its rch...

My dog was the one thrown out of the race and disqualified. Only 3 of the dogs were seeded right and one was seeded left. My dog is an EXTREME right hand runner, in fact he is so extreme that even Jake with Colorado swaps traps with me because he is so far right. When I weighed him in I stressed how far right he runs. However he was drawn for the blue trap, as expected when the race began the lids went up and he went immediately right. The dog that was in the white trap was actually coming over to the left, in fact if you watch the video of the race you will see this. Plus if you also watch the rerun of the race without my dog you will see that the dog in the white trap actually goes more left than the dog seeded to be left. All the other owners in that race agreed that my dog did nothing wrong and that there was no need for a rerun. He did not interfere with anyone. I appealed to the BWRA to have the black mark against his name removed. After a thorough investigation by them it was agreed that my dog had not done anything wrong and that his name is now clear. He did not cost anyone a crack at their title.

Kath said:
I seen this happen at bwra straights last year 1 race 4 right hand runners...result of race rerun with one of the dogs disqualified for interferring....the dog in question was wrongly thrown out of the race...he came out of the traps (think he was in the blue) and went straight to the right bumping other dogs that were at the right hand side of him....in my eyes costing the dog in question a crack at its rch...
My dog was the one thrown out of the race and disqualified. Only 3 of the dogs were seeded right and one was seeded left. My dog is an EXTREME right hand runner, in fact he is so extreme that even Jake with Colorado swaps traps with me because he is so far right. When I weighed him in I stressed how far right he runs. However he was drawn for the blue trap, as expected when the race began the lids went up and he went immediately right. The dog that was in the white trap was actually coming over to the left, in fact if you watch the video of the race you will see this. Plus if you also watch the rerun of the race without my dog you will see that the dog in the white trap actually goes more left than the dog seeded to be left. All the other owners in that race agreed that my dog did nothing wrong and that there was no need for a rerun. He did not interfere with anyone. I appealed to the BWRA to have the black mark against his name removed. After a thorough investigation by them it was agreed that my dog had not done anything wrong and that his name is now clear. He did not cost anyone a crack at their title.

I did not say he cost any other dogs its title Kath, if you read my previous post i did say

the dog in question was wrongly thrown out of the race...ect....in my eyes costing the dog in question a crack at its rch...
I how ever was disagreeing with Steve about putting all right hand runners in together and all left hand runners in together .. i was only using the race as a example on what might happen if racers where run like this... as many have said some people seed there dogs knowing to well that they don't need a side....most of any committee while doing a draw know which dogs are extremely left or right hand runners...so should try there hardest to allow dogs like your there side ....i have seen your dog run a little and thing he is a great competitor in his weight class ....good luck this year with him

Sorry Denise, I totally misunderstood your post. :oops: That'll teach me for jumping the gun, I do apologise, and I thank you for your kind comments about my boy.

No problem Kath i have done it myself :b on many occation...i was really upset and sorry for you and your dog the day in question .... as i have watch him and the way he has improved ....he ran a great race at ashfordby in December gone...i hope he does really well for you this year ...good :luck:

Well as it has been brought up once more ---

Why should dogs that either run straight or follow the lure be at a diss-advantage and have no choice where they run from and have to go in the middle traps???

Surely they are just as entitled to run from the outside traps as any other dog thats competing------- this can be the only fair way acceptable to all runners you pays your money same as any other racer there are no discounts ---

I take particular notice of how many of the committee on all the organistions have dogs that are seeded------and how many times they get the trap in the middle---

only fair way is like i said previously draw either a number or colour out of hat and that way they sort themselves out fairly who you run with and what trap you get.

steve

if that did happen steve ppl would deffinatley moan when their dog got skittled by a left hand/righthand runner!!

then ppl would be saying lets bring back seeding lol

I agree with you Steve, why should a dog be penalised if it is not seeded.

They are at a disadvantage by ending up in the middle traps all the time.

Like Steve said you pay your money, you should be allowed all the privelages as the other dogs in the race.

Cheers John ! :cheers:

glad others are of same opinion the only fair way is to draw for your trap and run from it--

steve

Karen-Coral said:
Yes Gary I did...
It's spelt -S O R R Y ..............lol

Quite easy to spot...if you take your time.

Steve :clown:

C U NEXT TUESDAY! pal

Funny Freddie (uncle) cannot keep eating rhubarb lol

johnnoble said:
I agree with you Steve, why should a dog be penalised if it is not seeded.  They are at a disadvantage by ending up in the middle traps all the time.

Like Steve said you pay your money, you should  be allowed all the privelages as the other dogs in the race.

thats why so many dogs ARE seeded that dont need to be or shouldnt be and thats what ppl moan about

ppl do abuse the system but alot dont abuse it

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst the middle traps are a disadvantage in bend racing as the dogs come together at the bends there is a greater chance of dogs in the middle being squeezed out. In straight racing there ought to be no problem for dogs in the middle traps if all the other dogs run straight as there is no reason for the dogs to come together and I have no problem with my dogs that don't run wide being in any trap.

The only time interference will occur is if a wide runner is on the wrong side of a "straight" dog. However if dogs are seeded then this shouldn't occurr. In a well seeded race with all the right handed runners on the right and all the left handed runners on the left the middle traps are a great place to be. :)

"Straight" running dogs are not disadvantaged at present because owners are at liberty to seed their dogs if they wish and hence have the same chance of acheiving a wide trap as anyone else. The problem lies in having a true wide runner seeded on the wrong side of a "straight" dog seeded wide because the owner doesn't want a middle trap causing the straight dog to be interferred with and the wide runner to lose out in the bumping putting both dogs out of contention.

Seeding can be made fair by penalising incorrectly seeded dogs;

1) by having all seeded dogs compete on a first pass the post basis, ie no reruns if a seeded dog is interferred with.

2) disqualify any seeded dog that finishes inside it's start posistion.

Those 2 rules would eliminate 90% of seeding just leaving the true wide runners seeded that no one wants out of posistion anyway.

Quote-Straight" running dogs are not disadvantaged------ I disagree dogs in handicap racing is not to bad as they are spread out up the track----at different weights --------

but at Champs off level breaks where traps are in block form this is when problems are at there worst

if you pay your money to run and it is accepted you should have all the rights afforded to you that any other runner in your race has ---that is a fact not something just made up!---

quote-- At present because owners are at liberty to seed their dogs if they wish and hence have the same chance of acheiving a wide trap as anyone else.

That is seen by quite a number as being wrong though as has been said earlier seeding dogs just to get out of middle ---i think that is thier right to do so--

You Tony are the first person i have ever heard say you dont mind being in middle traps --- well fair play to you

i know i dont want to be --

Maybe if they were spaced out more i would not mind as much ----but even then i think i still have the right to have the same chance of an outside trap as any one else if i have paid the same as others to run my dogs ---

thats my point ---no one should get any preferential treatment all should be treated the same

what is up with all the seeded dogs running together ???

i bet that no one who has a dog that does not require seeding ----would mind running together and drawing for thier traps each time they race ----

its the ones that require seeding that would not be so keen on running together---

steve

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back